• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Granblue Fantasy] General Discussion Thread

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Welcome to the game! My best advice would be to spend some time reading the wiki in detail, it contains a ton of information (like free stuff you can get!). For grids, the basic grids section is awesome, it will tel you what you want, where to farm (like which side stories to farm for EX weapons...):

Tardigrade

oso de agua
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There's RPGnetters in Grand Bell, message FinalWarrior for an invite. We're pretty casual but usually *someone* will get stuck into Guild Wars and earn you a few badges.
Thanks for the pointer. It seems Final Warrior hasn't signed on here since March of last year. Is there anyone else who can send me an invite?
Welcome to the game! My best advice would be to spend some time reading the wiki in detail, it contains a ton of information (like free stuff you can get!). For grids, the basic grids section is awesome, it will tel you what you want, where to farm (like which side stories to farm for EX weapons...):

I did find the wiki early on, but thank you for the link. I did a few of the important side stories for the wind grid, but I'd overlooked the "progression" section in that guide. That'll give me a good plan for the near future.

My first sticking point was what to do when my inventory filled up with crap. Took me a while to figure out "click Menu in the upper right, then Inventory". Seriously, it's a minor thing and I was websearching fruitlessly for like an hour.

A couple useful Reddit links which I just discovered:
PSA Very New Players Guide 1
PSA Very New Players Guide 2

Most importantly, the provide advice about what to do and what not do do with extra weapons and summons.

Balac

Validated User
Word of advice / warning; the Reddit gbf community does have a rather vocal 'super end game / whale grids are all that matters' component and that can lead to some terrible advice for anyone who hasn't been playing for years or planning to devote every second of free time to playing gbf. Not that you can't find good advice there but be aware when someone tells you a weapon is 'worthless' they may be talking about something that is actually great for 95% of content.

Also, you know, Reddit so all the normal problems of that.

Fae

sing of hope to the new dawn
Validated User
My first sticking point was what to do when my inventory filled up with crap. Took me a while to figure out "click Menu in the upper right, then Inventory". Seriously, it's a minor thing and I was websearching fruitlessly for like an hour.
It took me a couple months to realize that there are 84 party slots, not 14. And months more to realize that you can change the icons for the different groups on top of the party selection screen.

More recently, it took me an absurd amount of looking around before I found the battle log for past raids. I'm sure I saw it when I started playing, but then forgot that it even existed until I noticed people posting screenshots of it and started wondering where the hell they were getting that information.

Granblue is fun. :D

dshaffer

Pervy Catgirl Fancier
Validated User
I forgot how much I DETEST Xeno Corow.
A special move before you even do anything, plain damage ougis with kickers, multi hit normal attacks, ugh. This remains the only Xeno where I cant solo through Extreme. If I wasn't a completionist I think I'd ignore the gun.

Balac

Validated User
Yep. It sucks. This is one where I bring out some dark characters not in my normal line up. Vampy actually works really well against Xeno Corow.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
Huh, I was finding the Maniac/Nightmare 120 waves downright pleasantly casual with my existing dark lineup. Maybe that's stronger than I thought? Haven't hosted the raid yet, I'll have to see how that plays out.

(EDIT: Faceplanted at 44% health left, good enough for me and I probably should have done some bits better. The normal damage is obnoxious though..)

Last edited:

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm actually liking the initial damage of Xeno Corow so I can trigger Jeanne 3 and the enmity of the claws kick in. Vampy 1 to dispel the initial buff is very useful, and Wulf is just a plain mean attacker so all good. So far I can clear NM 120 (but not with a Kaguya) and I can MVP my own raids. Got 1 gun and 1 sword, and I have all the materials to buy 3 more copies of one of them. So I think hopefully I'll be able to get both weapons to 4* which is such a difference from my last Xeno event :)

Top Bottom