• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Greedfall : Upcoming Action RPG

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User

It looks really cool, a mythical 17th century colonial frontier with Natives vs Settlers and magic and monsters and flintlocks.

Buuuuuuutttttt.....

It's also by the same company that did Techomancer (which I loved the setting but not the gameplay) and Bound By Flame (which is the only game I've ragequit and returned to the store on day 1).

The setting and look might be great, but the combat is what drives me insane. I just cannot play these games when the combat is so janky and offkey that it renders it unplayable for fun.

I want, but I play games for fun, not to get frustrated and angry. And not for 50 bucks.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User

It looks really cool, a mythical 17th century colonial frontier with Natives vs Settlers and magic and monsters and flintlocks.

Buuuuuuutttttt.....

It's also by the same company that did Techomancer (which I loved the setting but not the gameplay) and Bound By Flame (which is the only game I've ragequit and returned to the store on day 1).

The setting and look might be great, but the combat is what drives me insane. I just cannot play these games when the combat is so janky and offkey that it renders it unplayable for fun.

I want, but I play games for fun, not to get frustrated and angry. And not for 50 bucks.
I agree completely -- I too was a fan of Technomancer's setting but the gameplay was godawful, which is why to this day I've never finished it.

I hope this one does better.

Critias

Social Justice Galliard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've liked the aesthetic and story (what I've seen) of those same prior games, but everyone's hated the gameplay so much I've been thoroughly warded away. I'm worried this will be the same. I adore the look of it so far, the way the clothing and weapons look, and the idea of the game. I just...have concerns.

Harlander

Almost determinedly non-useful
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I agree completely -- I too was a fan of Technomancer's setting but the gameplay was godawful, which is why to this day I've never finished it.
Funny thing - I just tried dipping my toe back into The Technomancer myself this week. Nope. Nope. That combat is awful. It's worse than its prequel, somehow.

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
For a game launching in 2 months, info and ramp up is pretty sparse. I'm not getting good vibes here.
They released a new trailer featuring char custom, items, and some enviroments. But no real good look at combat or action.
And the one big battle scene we've seen had the player on God Mode (no health damage) so AGAIN I'm getting bad vibes.

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
Well, I got to be one of the dumbest s,o.b.'s on the planet because I just preordered it.
The poor guy behind the counter hadn't even heard of it coming out.
So if anyone has even the slightest interest in this game, I will be playing it and reporting on it as your Gaming Sacrifical Lamb.

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
This new breakdown makes me feel a lot better.

Maybe Spiders finally put some effort into fixing it's combat issues.

Top Bottom