• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Guild Wars 2] Anyone Still Playing?

durecellrabbit

Validated User
I've finished the season 2 campaign. I enjoyed the story but some of the fights and other mechanics either came across as poorly explained and frustrating, or were buggy.

I've moved onto the Heart of Thorns expansion and it's nice having my character voiced again. It's tough to explore the first map, I either get killed or end up at completely the wrong height.

Morty

Validated User
Yes, the HoT maps are a pain to adjust to in terms of difficulty and verticality. Verdant Brink isn't even the worst in terms of the latter.

Therion

Hi there!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
If you haven't yet you may want to unlock the Springer mount (it's in the zone to the north of the starting zone of Path of Fire), it may help with some verticality.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
If anyone needs any help getting around or getting mounts I can be found online most days around reset for a few hours. Drop me a PM. Teleport to Friend stones are really good for getting people places.

durecellrabbit

Validated User
I'm on the EU server so I think I'm separate from everyone. I managed to get the rabbit, I just had some difficult getting enough mastery points to get the raptor jumping upgrade.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
I'm on the EU server so I think I'm separate from everyone. I managed to get the rabbit, I just had some difficult getting enough mastery points to get the raptor jumping upgrade.
I think with Megaservers it doesn't matter any more, but you got the Springer anyway. Offer is still good for the Skimmer and the Jackal.

As for the Mastery points there are plenty out there. Keep an eye open for HP trains. Sometimes they get any nearby Mastery points as well.

Therion

Hi there!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm EU-side as well, so if I can be of help (or something) just contact me (username should be Therion).

Also HP trains are a thing especially during weekends and especially for HoT (as far as I've seen).

durecellrabbit

Validated User
I think with Megaservers it doesn't matter any more, but you got the Springer anyway. Offer is still good for the Skimmer and the Jackal.

As for the Mastery points there are plenty out there. Keep an eye open for HP trains. Sometimes they get any nearby Mastery points as well.
I'm EU-side as well, so if I can be of help (or something) just contact me (username should be Therion).

Also HP trains are a thing especially during weekends and especially for HoT (as far as I've seen).
Thanks, I'll ask if I run into trouble.

I have a question about weapons. So far I've been using on my warrior an axe/axe for damage and a rifle for safety, however enemies seem harder and present more opportunities for cc. I've been trying out mace/mace instead of my rifle but being forced to melee I die a lot, so I'm not really sure what to prioritise.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
Thanks, I'll ask if I run into trouble.

I have a question about weapons. So far I've been using on my warrior an axe/axe for damage and a rifle for safety, however enemies seem harder and present more opportunities for cc. I've been trying out mace/mace instead of my rifle but being forced to melee I die a lot, so I'm not really sure what to prioritise.
Probably either a gear or build issue.

For the expansions it's worth it to have full exotics. Well, it's more worth it to have some Ascended gear, (mostly weapons and trinkets, less so for armour) but those take quite a bit of investment or faming up piles of the Living Story map currencies.

Baring those, you should have full Exotic gear. Most people these days spec for maximum damage, Berserker for Power or Viper's for Condition Damage.

It might be build. I'm not too familiar with Warrior. I mainly go to Meta Battles, but those tend to be hyper turned with all Ascended Gear, Infusions, Runes & Sigils and Consumables. Still, it might have a few good pointers.

durecellrabbit

Validated User
Probably either a gear or build issue.

For the expansions it's worth it to have full exotics. Well, it's more worth it to have some Ascended gear, (mostly weapons and trinkets, less so for armour) but those take quite a bit of investment or faming up piles of the Living Story map currencies.

Baring those, you should have full Exotic gear. Most people these days spec for maximum damage, Berserker for Power or Viper's for Condition Damage.

It might be build. I'm not too familiar with Warrior. I mainly go to Meta Battles, but those tend to be hyper turned with all Ascended Gear, Infusions, Runes & Sigils and Consumables. Still, it might have a few good pointers.
I'm currently on exotic berserker gear, working on crafting ascended, and I'm mostly copying an online build. I feel my issues are more player skill failure on my part. When I try to melee against some boss enemies I end up knocked down at their feet often soon to be dead in a AoE field I failed to recognise and when I go ranged then we'll all be dead with "use cc..." in chat. Although he doesn't have the CC bar which is causing my dilemma, today's Tequatl was a personal failure to my melee skills and I had to WP twice in the first phase.

Top Bottom