• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Guild Wars 2] Anyone Still Playing?

Snumpus

Validated User
You can direct the henchmen to attack a specific target with... uh... Ctrl + Spacebar (which will make you auto-attack) or Ctrl + Shift + Spacebar (which won't), I believe.

I hope you enjoy Nightfall. If you get stuck at any point, I'd be happy to dust off my old ele. I still keep the game installed out of the persistent delusion that I will someday go back and finish the God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals title; I stopped at 26/30.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
Well, I know that. But the henchmen didn't get the memo and the monks just heal each other.
As mentioned you need to focus them. I believe you can designate targets for your Heroes, so you can sic a Mesmer or Interrupt Ranger on them to shut them down. It might be a good idea to run around grabbing whatever Heroes you can to start as even basic Heroes are better then Henchmen.

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals title; I stopped at 26/30.
I stopped there as well, but I prefer the Legend of the Mists title and who wants to go around Vanquishing?

Snumpus

Validated User
I stopped there as well, but I prefer the Legend of the Mists title and who wants to go around Vanquishing?
I was actually weirdly fond of vanquishing, for the most part! Some of the Desolation zones made me want to cry though and I'd probably never have finished them if I hadn't had an excellent guild at the time. :D It was the booze/party/sugar grind and Kurzick rep that I couldn't face. I have drunkenly squinted at enough Wardens for one lifetime. ...probably.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
I was actually weirdly fond of vanquishing, for the most part! Some of the Desolation zones made me want to cry though and I'd probably never have finished them if I hadn't had an excellent guild at the time. :D It was the booze/party/sugar grind and Kurzick rep that I couldn't face. I have drunkenly squinted at enough Wardens for one lifetime. ...probably.
Too grindy for me. I remember scraping every nook and cranny of every map zone just to find that one little spec of concealed map with dread and terror. Then there were the stories about people spending hours vanquishing a map looking for that last group only to find out that occasionally they path their way out of the zone and there's nothing you can do but start over.

I'm not sure how far I got on the PvE tracks. I may have finished the Kurzick one, but not the Luxon one. Or the other tracks from GW:EN. Ugh, just way too much grind.

Morty

Validated User
You can direct the henchmen to attack a specific target with... uh... Ctrl + Spacebar (which will make you auto-attack) or Ctrl + Shift + Spacebar (which won't), I believe.

I hope you enjoy Nightfall. If you get stuck at any point, I'd be happy to dust off my old ele. I still keep the game installed out of the persistent delusion that I will someday go back and finish the God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals title; I stopped at 26/30.
As mentioned you need to focus them. I believe you can designate targets for your Heroes, so you can sic a Mesmer or Interrupt Ranger on them to shut them down. It might be a good idea to run around grabbing whatever Heroes you can to start as even basic Heroes are better then Henchmen.
Getting the henchmen to focus on them should work. But I don't think heroes are available in Prophecies, which is where it happened.

In the meantime, I've reached level 5 with my Dervish, took Warrior as my secondary profession and I need to put together something like a functional build.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
Getting the henchmen to focus on them should work. But I don't think heroes are available in Prophecies, which is where it happened.

In the meantime, I've reached level 5 with my Dervish, took Warrior as my secondary profession and I need to put together something like a functional build.
There is a Hero available in Kryta, a necromancer named Olias. It really is worth it running around, picking up the Heroes and then going back to do the story. I still have Guild Wars installed and I can help you pick up some heroes if you like.

Morty

Validated User
Just got wiped twice by the same group of harpies. I'm not sure what to do to make sure they don't kill me. Equip Shields Up! on either myself or Koss, maybe?

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
Just got wiped twice by the same group of harpies. I'm not sure what to do to make sure they don't kill me. Equip Shields Up! on either myself or Koss, maybe?
Hard to tell without knowing more information, but I'd probably guess that the builds your Heroes have might be a little lacking.

I'd recommend taking a look at these builds and seeing what you can do with them. You'll likely be missing a few of skills but I've found that one of the main reasons for wiping is not having solid builds. Either your Healers aren't keeping you alive or your Nukers aren't doing enough damage.

I guess the main questions are: What is your party size and composition? and what builds are you using?

Morty

Validated User
Hard to tell without knowing more information, but I'd probably guess that the builds your Heroes have might be a little lacking.

I'd recommend taking a look at these builds and seeing what you can do with them. You'll likely be missing a few of skills but I've found that one of the main reasons for wiping is not having solid builds. Either your Healers aren't keeping you alive or your Nukers aren't doing enough damage.

I guess the main questions are: What is your party size and composition? and what builds are you using?
I don't have a build, as such. I'm just trying what works. My party fight now is Koss, Dunkoro and either a mesmer or ranger henchman.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
I don't have a build, as such. I'm just trying what works. My party fight now is Koss, Dunkoro and either a mesmer or ranger henchman.
That's sorta what I thought. I'd recommend taking both the ranger and the Mesmer with Dunkoro. You generally only need one melee type and as a Dervish you've got that covered. Guild Wars is sorta like Magic the Gathering. You need need the proper balance in all things, stats, build, gear, etc. If you just throw a bunch of skills on a bar you're going to have difficulties.

I'll take a look and see if I can find my basic hybrid Monk Heal build. It also helps to set a bunch of your Heroes secondary class to monk just to take Rebirth instead of Resurrection Signet. If you do need to bring disable Resurrection Signet disable it so they don't use it unnecessarily.

So the basic build is OwYT04nCxRjsRmJCEkxme6rTAA. (I think you can save a template, and that will make a file. Then you can just go that file and copy the codes into that file and you should be able to load them, although if you haven't played much you're probably missing a few skills).

Word of Healing, Dwayna's Kiss, Reversal of Fortune, Guardian, Glyph of Lesser Energy, Dismiss Condition, Cure Hex and Restore Life. 12 Healing Prayers, 10 Protection Prayers, 8 Divine Favour.

There's also this one OwYT043AZCZoSbj43xBcTb6jhAA. That's Glyph of Lesser Energy, Holy Haste, Dwayna's Kiss, Ethereal Light, Healing Ribbon, Dismiss Consition, Cure Hex & Unyielding Aura. 12 Healing, 12 Divine, 3 Prot. I think Unyielding Aura is harder to get a hold of, but it's a really good spell for res'ing.

This is an MM Build. OANEQTxW+5sUrC4B0Q9IgUV7EA. Mostly Jagged Bonus, but also has Protective Spirit, Aegis & Blood Ritual for Party Support. I can't seem to find my Blood is Power support Necro Build.

If you need help finding the skills let me know and perhaps I can help you run around picking them up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom