• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Guild Wars 2] Anyone Still Playing?

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
As for my "build", this is its code: OgGjkWrFbNiXp74dA/dfuX3rCA.
I looked it up and there's some familiar skills there. I checked my Dervish and her build was OgGjUNpMLTSXBYPXXFbXxgihygA. I've got two Factions PvE skills in there. I think the idea was to cast Pious Renewal and then follow it up immediately with Pious Fury. This would instantly remove it and give you the energy & health back, but I'm not entirely sure as it's been a while, and I didn't main the Dervish.

I do have all the campaigns except EotN and my old characters, including a level 20 mesmer. So maybe I can see about grabbing the monk skills this way.
That will do for most of it. Word of Healing isn't hard to grab in Factions. Unyielding Aura is a Prophecies Elite that got a major rework at some point. It's a maintained Enchantment that just flat increases the effectiveness of your Healing spells. When it ends a random party member gets res'ed with full health and energy.

Oh, another question: what are you using for runes?

Last edited:

Snumpus

Validated User
I’d be happy to help out with a skill/hero acquisition group if I’m awake. (I have a bit of a weird sleep pattern.) I wish I could help out with build templates, but the ones I still have were designed for HM vanquishing and are necro/mesmer/ritualist heavy.

Morty

Validated User
I looked it up and there's some familiar skills there. I checked my Dervish and her build was OgGjUNpMLTSXBYPXXFbXxgihygA. I've got two Factions PvE skills in there. I think the idea was to cast Pious Renewal and then follow it up immediately with Pious Fury. This would instantly remove it and give you the energy & health back, but I'm not entirely sure as it's been a while, and I didn't main the Dervish.
Good to know I'm on some kind of track, but those Factions skills aren't accessible to me.

That will do for most of it. Word of Healing isn't hard to grab in Factions. Unyielding Aura is a Prophecies Elite that got a major rework at some point. It's a maintained Enchantment that just flat increases the effectiveness of your Healing spells. When it ends a random party member gets res'ed with full health and energy.
I'm not crazy about running around in Prophecies just so I can start Nightfall, but I'll see what I can do.

Oh, another question: what are you using for runes?
A minor vigor rune and a minor mysticism one.

Are there any heroes you haven't picked yet?
Here's a list:

A necro makes for a decent mesmer, too.
We can always try to set up a party together.
Finally, IIRC calling targets is sufficient to kill most healer teams until EOTN:

(left ctrl + click target a monk)
I've only started Nightfall last week. My only heroes are Koss and Dunkoro.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
Good to know I'm on some kind of track, but those Factions skills aren't accessible to me.

I'm not crazy about running around in Prophecies just so I can start Nightfall, but I'll see what I can do.

A) that's too bad as they're useful skills. I thought you mentioned having done the Luxon track, but I guess that was someone else.

B) Someone can help run you there, kill it, and then let you capture the skill using a Skill Signet. Or run you to other places needed to unlock the non-elite skills from the various skill trainers.

C) Good, good. It's never worth it for the melee types to take Major or Superior Runes. They can't afford the Health loss.

ruemere

Validated User

I've only started Nightfall last week. My only heroes are Koss and Dunkoro.
Necromancer heroes are strongest, or were considered best for three reasons - you can adjust their skillset to make them usable for any kind of mission, soul reaping adjusts mana pool essentially refuelling mana heavy skills, and finally necro MM hero turns your party into an army.

Paragon heroes are tricky due to short spear range, but their speed boost is essential for making your zombies behave like 28 days.

Mesmer heroes shut down casters making monk killing a breeze.

These three rules got me through most of gw1.
My main char is a necro, an assassin (for that elite that untaps all skills) or a paragon (speed).

Nightfall is pretty hard and unforgiving campaign, some of the content in the Hard mode requires two humans to complete (complete == get best grade in HM) so steel yourself (and I am not talking about elite missions).

Since you're at the beginning of the road, do consider this guide:

Warning: The spoilers are minimal, but they are there.

Last edited:

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
Misread this. Normally people get the +1 Scythe Master head piece and throw a +1 Scythe Mastery Rune on there. Then out a +1 Mysticism elsewhere and then the best Vigor Rune you can get your hands on.

I may have some stuff hanging around. A found an Scythe. Rank 11 required with I think +15% damage while enchanted and 19% chance of 20% armour penetration. Not perfect, but close.

Morty

Validated User
A) that's too bad as they're useful skills. I thought you mentioned having done the Luxon track, but I guess that was someone else.
Definitely. I've never really got anywhere in Factions.

B) Someone can help run you there, kill it, and then let you capture the skill using a Skill Signet. Or run you to other places needed to unlock the non-elite skills from the various skill trainers.
Non-elites probably aren't a problem, yeah. I can just swap my mesmer's secondary to a monk for a while and grab them from Prophecies trainers. Maybe also some Faction ones? I did poke around the Factions campaign with him.

Necromancer heroes are strongest, or were considered best for three reasons - you can adjust their skillset to make them usable for any kind of mission, soul reaping adjusts mana pool essentially refuelling mana heavy skills, and finally necro MM hero turns your party into an army.

Paragon heroes are tricky due to short spear range, but their speed boost is essential for making your zombies behave like 28 days.

Mesmer heroes shut down casters making monk killing a breeze.

These three rules got me through most of gw1.
My main char is a necro, an assassin (for that elite that untaps all skills) or a paragon (speed).

Nightfall is pretty hard and unforgiving campaign, some of the content in the Hard mode requires two humans to complete (complete == get best grade in HM) so steel yourself (and I am not talking about elite missions).

Since you're at the beginning of the road, do consider this guide:

Warning: The spoilers are minimal, but they are there.
I'm more or less entirely spoiled on Nightfall, so that's not a problem. I guess I'll keep that in mind when I get more heroes and in the meantime, try to make sure Dunkoro can keep my team on their feet.

Misread this. Normally people get the +1 Scythe Master head piece and throw a +1 Scythe Mastery Rune on there. Then out a +1 Mysticism elsewhere and then the best Vigor Rune you can get your hands on.

I may have some stuff hanging around. A found an Scythe. Rank 11 required with I think +15% damage while enchanted and 19% chance of 20% armour penetration. Not perfect, but close.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
Non-elites probably aren't a problem, yeah. I can just swap my mesmer's secondary to a monk for a while and grab them from Prophecies trainers. Maybe also some Faction ones? I did poke around the Factions campaign with him.
The skills are spread out amongst the various skill trainers and they're scattered throughout the maps. Sometimes a skill is only in one or two places, other times they may be in more.

It's worth roaming around and unlocking most of the cities and outposts in the various campaigns mostly for that reason. You never know when you might need to pick up a skill. Prophecies is pretty good that there are routes to most (but not all) places that don't require progressing through the story. Factions and Nightfall have more zones that require advancing to story to unlock.

Morty

Validated User
The skills are spread out amongst the various skill trainers and they're scattered throughout the maps. Sometimes a skill is only in one or two places, other times they may be in more.

It's worth roaming around and unlocking most of the cities and outposts in the various campaigns mostly for that reason. You never know when you might need to pick up a skill. Prophecies is pretty good that there are routes to most (but not all) places that don't require progressing through the story. Factions and Nightfall have more zones that require advancing to story to unlock.
I believe I've got most, if not all, Prophecies locations unlocked. Factions will be trickier.

Top Bottom