• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Guild Wars 2] Anyone Still Playing?

Morty

Validated User
Okay. The skyscale can be fed four times per day... but unless you have a bunch of charged quartz crystals lying around, they can only be created once per day. So it'll still take me a while.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
Okay. The skyscale can be fed four times per day... but unless you have a bunch of charged quartz crystals lying around, they can only be created once per day. So it'll still take me a while.
Yay, time-gating! This is the reason I keep a small supply of the one-a-day materials around. ANet made it extra annoying in that they're also account bound, so you can't go pick them up elsewhere.

Morty

Validated User
I used to have a stockpile of those, but I've progressively spent them making gear. I had three left, so I made one yesterday and got all four feedings done, at least.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
I used to have a stockpile of those, but I've progressively spent them making gear. I had three left, so I made one yesterday and got all four feedings done, at least.
There was a time when I needed them for something, might have been guild hall upgrades, where making charged crystals was part of my daily routine so I had like half a stack saved up. Now, I usually wait until I max out my material storage for the base crystals then take out a stack and convert them. It takes a while as I only usually get them from the node in my home instance.

Morty

Validated User
Hmm. It seems I've made a mistake in GW1 by using normal salvage kits to salvage for too long. Now I'm very short on more advanced crafting materials.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
I seem to be missing a lot of steel ingots for armor, not sure what else.
I've got well over a stack of Steel. The other stuff depends on the type of armour. A set of Sunspear armour needs about 32 steel, 200 leather and 5 platinum...man armour used to be REALLY expensive.

5,000 gold for a set of non-prestige armour? No one could afford that in GW2. Then again, you could get 1-200 gold for killing a basic mob and not even bother to pick it up.

If you want it, just let me know when you're online and you can have the steel. I'm about to leave for work though so I won't be available until this evening.

Morty

Validated User
I've got well over a stack of Steel. The other stuff depends on the type of armour. A set of Sunspear armour needs about 32 steel, 200 leather and 5 platinum...man armour used to be REALLY expensive.

5,000 gold for a set of non-prestige armour? No one could afford that in GW2. Then again, you could get 1-200 gold for killing a basic mob and not even bother to pick it up.

If you want it, just let me know when you're online and you can have the steel. I'm about to leave for work though so I won't be available until this evening.
I'll take any spare steel off your hands, I suppose. But I'm in the UK time zone.

Also, if the game is going to have me drag Koss around, I need a better build for him than "hold a spear and stay in the back". Any suggestions?

Last edited:

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
I'll take any spare steel off your hands, I suppose. But I'm in the UK time zone.

Also, if the game is going to have me drag Koss around, I need a better build for him than "hold a spear and stay in the back". Any suggestions?
I'm home as of now. If you're still awake send me a pm with a character name and we can meet up.

As for Koss I'll take a look as to what builds I have saved. You shouldn't have to drag him around for too much longer though.

edit for Warrior builds it looks like I've got a Dragon Slash build, which gives 5 Adrenaline whenever you use it and this adrenaline gain is effected by "For Great Justice!". So as long as "FGJ!" is up you can spam Dragon Slash. I've got no idea how well the AI handles it though. The other build is an Earth Shaker build, so using a Hammer to knock foes down.

Dragon Slash: OQMT8mIT5h8N1WcXF+qh9vKTAA

Earth Shaker: OQMSE5JHk9riVopdrXVm

The PvX wiki has this one listed as the one viable Warrior Hero build.

Last edited:
Top Bottom