• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Guild Wars 2] Anyone Still Playing?

Grantanz

Validated User
Just finished the Mordremoth battle at the end of Heart of Thorns on the new-ish Elementalist. It may have taken a few tries.

I'm wondering now whether I want to give Revenant a similar workout, or just carry on with the Elementalist. I am liking the Tempest, and Weaver looks interesting too.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
Just finished the Mordremoth battle at the end of Heart of Thorns on the new-ish Elementalist. It may have taken a few tries.

I'm wondering now whether I want to give Revenant a similar workout, or just carry on with the Elementalist. I am liking the Tempest, and Weaver looks interesting too.
It usually does. And I think it's still bugged as well which adds additional complication. I played a Sylvari Guardian through just to hear what Mordremoth was saying and it still took several attempts, and I like to think I'm somewhat proficient with the Guardian class.

If you haven't played it with a Sylvari it's somewhat interesting, although you could probably just look it all up on the wiki or YouTube. The Revenant used to be immediately dropped in favour of the Herald as soon as it was possible to take it, as it was a bit of a trial to play through. There was a patch a while back that I think improved it, I haven't played it enough to really tell though.

Tempest is fun and it's got a nice Boon Share build that can camp Fire and easily throw out 25 Stacks of Might and quite a bit of Fury and lots and lots of burning, but it need Viper's gear. Nice for dealing with Map meta events though. Weaver is also interesting but a little more involved.

Herald & Renegade are also solid. Hammer can deal quite a bit of damage if you can stay at range. Staff is ok at melee, but has some very good CC.

Morty

Validated User
I'm home as of now. If you're still awake send me a pm with a character name and we can meet up.

As for Koss I'll take a look as to what builds I have saved. You shouldn't have to drag him around for too much longer though.

edit for Warrior builds it looks like I've got a Dragon Slash build, which gives 5 Adrenaline whenever you use it and this adrenaline gain is effected by "For Great Justice!". So as long as "FGJ!" is up you can spam Dragon Slash. I've got no idea how well the AI handles it though. The other build is an Earth Shaker build, so using a Hammer to knock foes down.

Dragon Slash: OQMT8mIT5h8N1WcXF+qh9vKTAA

Earth Shaker: OQMSE5JHk9riVopdrXVm

The PvX wiki has this one listed as the one viable Warrior Hero build.
Getting skills for those builds would be somewhat problematic. I think I might just run him as a sort of discount paragon when I need him.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
Getting skills for those builds would be somewhat problematic. I think I might just run him as a sort of discount paragon when I need him.
There's a skill trainer in the Guild Hall. You can check there. Earth Shaker might be the best since he's just running around knocking things over. Understandable if you can't actually get the skills though.

Morty

Validated User
There's a skill trainer in the Guild Hall. You can check there. Earth Shaker might be the best since he's just running around knocking things over. Understandable if you can't actually get the skills though.
On a cursory glance, the Earthshaker might be doable if I can grab the elite itself. I'll have to check where its boss is.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
On a cursory glance, the Earthshaker might be doable if I can grab the elite itself. I'll have to check where its boss is.
Taking a look myself there's one boss that has Earth Shaker, Kor Stonewrath in Snake Dance. There are others listed but they seem to be quests that unlock after the main story is finished. There is a spawn near Camp Rankor so if you have that unlocked it shouldn't be too hard.

Morty

Validated User
Taking a look myself there's one boss that has Earth Shaker, Kor Stonewrath in Snake Dance. There are others listed but they seem to be quests that unlock after the main story is finished. There is a spawn near Camp Rankor so if you have that unlocked it shouldn't be too hard.
I do have it unlocked with mesmer, so I could try to grab it. He has warrior unlocked as a secondary profession. Let's hope the henchmen are up for the job.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
I couldn't use any of them. But I managed to get the elite anyway. I certainly appreciate GW2's option of traversing an area without engaging every single mob much more now.
That's strange. It was my recollection that once you unlocked a hero they can be used pretty much everywhere in PvE. I hope your hammer wielding Koss smashes many things.

Top Bottom