• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Gunnerkrigg Court Discussion Thread IV - Preaching the Please Be Okay Agenda

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
Previous threads:

Today's Gunnerkrigg Court
Gunnerkrigg Court, Year Three
Gunnerkrigg Court, What are you?

Code for future threads:

PHP:
[url=http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?421551-Today-s-Gunnerkrigg-Court]Today's Gunnerkrigg Court[/url]
[url=http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?566582-Gunnerkrigg-Court-Year-Three]Gunnerkrigg Court, Year Three[/url]
[url=http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?659524-Gunnerkrigg-Court-What-are-you]Gunnerkrigg Court, What are you?[/url]
Anyway, this post:

However many kudos Tom gets for his art, he deserves more for his use of expressions. That ones's just priceless.
inspired me to create a Google+ album with the best facial expressions of the comic. Enjoy!

Solarious

Social Justice Nihilist
Validated User
This collection lacks pictures of Kat-pigeon freaking out and of Zimmy from 1038. And of hate-pigeon. And of Zimmy bleghing memory-Jack trying to score with Zimmy. And of that glorious metal/bug/xeno vision of Kat. I mean really, Divine is just made of perfect expressions.

You must rectify this situation immediately.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
From the previous thread:

While I respect your right to hold and express that opinion, I disagree and would like to politely submit for your consideration the notion that Zimmy is in fact the best/worst girl.
While I was joking, I do like the fact that many of the characters have been great people who have done some awesome things, they have also been completely wrong-headed, not thinking clearly, and have done some pretty bad things as well. Certainly, we've never seen Paz or Gemma be bad people, but that's just because they haven't been on-screen a lot. Many of the characters we've focused on have been both heroes and, well, anti-heroes (since I think there may only be one or two villains in the whole story) at various turns. It makes them seem more like people rather than caricatures.

Annie and Zimmy are probably tied for the people who have been the most dramatically awesome and dangerous. (Or Jones, but Jones is mostly just Jones.)

q_3

Ge.
Validated User
This whole best/worst girl debate seems rather pointless considering that Boxbot and Robox win both categories handily. (Not in that order, obviously.)

David Laurence

Hrm.
Validated User
So either Annie is so sheltered that it never entered her mind that girls loving girls might be considered bad by anybody (plausible, actually, considering she was literally raised by her mom the fire elemental, her dad the emotionally distant robot, and a bunch of psychopomps), or she's secretly extremely nearsighted and never realized she needed glasses, and actually couldn't tell that Kat and Paz were kissing.

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
So either Annie is so sheltered that it never entered her mind that girls loving girls might be considered bad by anybody (plausible, actually, considering she was literally raised by her mom the fire elemental, her dad the emotionally distant robot, and a bunch of psychopomps), or she's secretly extremely nearsighted and never realized she needed glasses, and actually couldn't tell that Kat and Paz were kissing.
I like the second theory, as it could lead to a montage of Annie trying on and reacting to a wide range of eyeglass styles.

Top Bottom