• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Gunnerkrigg Court Discussion Thread IV - Preaching the Please Be Okay Agenda

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Today in Gunnerkrigg Court : What the fuck is wrong with you, Loup !?

Am I the only one fearing that it implies that Loup just kept Original Flavor Annie for himself in the woods ?

...Especially since he explicitely said that it's what would happen to Annie ?

Also, he has an easy out of his promises to not harm the Court : the promise applies to the Court of the timeline of origine of WoodAnnie.
All correct.

This, ALL of this, is why spending any amount of time in the same reality as a mad god is existentially horrifying.

Isator Levie

Validated User
I'mmmmm gonna kind of check out on discussion for a bit. I'm not going to stop reading the comic, but I find myself wanting to hold off on other people's thoughts and speculations concerning it until this matter is resolved.

I have an antipathy towards the matter of time travel and alternate timelines at the best of times, and the notion that both of these Annie's that we've spent time invested in and have developed a relationship might depart from the story is... irritating to me.

Kunan

Validated User
I'm pretty sure that the Annie we followed here is going to be the Annie we follow out. It's everything else in this court that is likely to depart from the story if and when she gets home.

Seroster

Miw!
Validated User
I'm pretty sure that the Annie we followed here is going to be the Annie we follow out. It's everything else in this court that is likely to depart from the story if and when she gets home.
That makes sense from the point of view of whose viewpoint we've followed. If Annie of the main timeline was removed and shunted into this second timeline, and then maybe eventually returns to the main timeline.

Isator Levie

Validated User
So instead of losing one character, we lose about... seventeen?

That's worse!

Kunan

Validated User
That makes sense from the point of view of whose viewpoint we've followed. If Annie of the main timeline was removed and shunted into this second timeline, and then maybe eventually returns to the main timeline.
Particularly when Kat just raised the point that there's a timeline in which Annie never came back, and wanted the ghost guy to do something about it, you know?

So instead of losing one character, we lose about... seventeen?
That's worse!
I mean, arguably we already lost that about seventeen when we left the original line, and we'd be getting them back. Though, the fact that we have two Annies here which have gotten some character development and neither of them belongs here (and there's a third, unseen one somewhere that does) leaves open the possibility that they're going to find some way for them all to keep in touch. That might even end up being how Kat runs afoul of the EULA she just neglected to read.

ChairKicker

Part-time Table Flipper
Validated User
New page, and Yikes! Arthur's new body is squarely in my uncanny valley.
Yeah. Very angular-looking body, eyes look so strange compared to everyone else's (and not a whole range of expression which doesn't help, but hey, cut him some slack, he literally was a robot a moment ago). Aesthetically, it's a lot like he just jumped out of another comic with a different art style.

Top Bottom