OOC GURPS Dungeon Fantasy: In Search of the Unknown

Bira

Validated User
I'm using the ones in Hall of Judgment. It's basically like this:

You attack with your grappling skills, and inflict Control Points based on your thrust damage. The more control points the target has, the bigger a DX penalty they get to do anything. You can spend inflicted control points to make opposed tests against your target easier and do several other things. If you're grappled, you can try to counter-attack with a grappling skill to remove those control points, subject to the DX penalty.

The slime inflicted 15 CP on Madoc. Since that's higher than his ST, he has -16 to DX: he's pinned. It's up to you to save him. You can try to attack the slime with weapons, grapple to try to pry it off the cleric, or whatever else you want to try.

Bira

Validated User
By the way, I'm using Extra Effort in Combat! This gives our non-spellcasters something to do with their fatigue points.

So during one of your actions you can spend 1 FP to do any of the following:

• Feverish Defense: Gain +2 to one defense roll.
  • Great Lunge: Increase the reach of one attack by 1.
  • Heroic Charge: Ignore skill penalties and skill cap for a Move and Attack action.
  • Mighty Blows: Add +2 to one attack's damage.

You can only use one of these options per action.

Bira

Validated User
I apologize, I missed the message when processing the attacks. It's quite likely you would have gotten a solid hit, though Bob would still have been the one to finish the monster off. We can go with that narrative in the IC thread.

Bira

Validated User
I feel some clarification is in order: The people at the top of yonder hill haven't noticed you yet. The ballista is covering the main street approach through the stairs and arches, but there are plenty of side streets around and you are free to plan an alternate approach, or ask me any additional questions you may have about your surroundings.

Bira

Validated User
Can anyone recommend me a good image-hosting service that works well with this forum? I'm thinking of drawing some maps to make things easier for this encounter.

Top Bottom