• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC GURPS Dungeon Fantasy: In Search of the Unknown

Bira

Validated User
Faith and Bob crash into the hoplites, managing to ward off their attacks and strike back. Faith wounds the man directly in front of her, and Bob kills one outright with his halberd.

As this happens, you all begin to hear a much louder sound of steps from behind you as what seems to be a couple dozen more of the malformed guards exit from secret passages near the entrance of the hallway (quite close to Preth's position, in fact). Looks like you fell into a trap! How will you respond?

Alex Panzerkit

Validated User
"Oh look, more opportunities to prove ourselves are providing themselves, if we can avoid being hit from behind by the craven foes we can reap the bounty as they splinter themselves against us by the Storm Lord's graces"

Faith tries to put her back to Bob, or Preth, or the wall or whatever is handy and meet the enemy happilly enough.

tomas

Validated User
"Get out of here, cat! Find the others," Bob yelled to Perth.

He then grunted at Faith and replied, "I'll try to leave a few for you to deal with." And then he simply went insane and threw himself into a fighting frenzy.

Bira

Validated User
OOC:
After a long time fighting RPTools and losing completed maps because I forgot to save, I decided to use a private Roll20 session to draw the maps for y'all.

Here's what your current situation looks like, shortly before the IC narration on this post starts:

The brown squiggles are those roots dangling from the ceiling, and the side passages were concealed until the reinforcements arrived.

The narration below describes what happened next.

Bob's fierce fighting prevents him and Faith from being immediately surrounded and allows them to get a few good blows in. Before the situation can begin to turn against you, though (and before Preth can run too far away), you hear a thunderous call from somewhere to the north of the northern enemy phalanx:

"Cease fighting! Azazel The Bright commands you to stop!"

This causes the enemy to stop and retreat a few steps, and shortly afterward the corridor is flooded by bright green light as a shiny humanoid figure approaches you from the north, with the hoplites making way for him.

This is presumably, Azazel. He looks more like a statue than a man, his surface made of a clay-like substance sculpted in the form of a very handsome man in mail armor. It's cracked here and there, as if struggling to contain a the fierce radiance that emanates from within.

"I see you wear the symbols of my colleague *************! Let us parley!"

You're quite sure he spoke a name back there, but you can't even tell precisely what you heard in its place.

OOC:
Faith knows this is what happens when you try to speak the name of one of the people who ascended to the Celestial Court and became the current gods, which is why they're only known by their titles. As a refresher from a few dozen posts back, Court lore says Azazel himself joined the fight against the malignant Other Gods way back then, but the fact that his name still exists is proof he did not ascend to godhood.

You'd think he'd be dead by now, since all of this happened centuries ago. But there he is, quite a bit shinier than expected.

tomas

Validated User
Bob looked at the shiny dude and then muttered to Faith, "I can take him. Wanna join in the fun?"

Alex Panzerkit

Validated User
"We should wait and see what he has to say, it isn't done to attack during a parley"

Faith lowers her sword "Good day sir, I do indeed strive to be a humble devotee of the Storm Lord. It is an honor to stand before one who once fought alongside him"

tomas

Validated User
Bob immediately started looking bored. What good was it to have a halberd and foes if the two couldn't meet?

Bira

Validated User
Azazel lowers his hands with a pleased expression, and as he does so his troops lower their own weapons. "Oh yes, we fought together, though at the end we split up to deal with separate opponents. It fell to me and my men to deal with the abominable being known as the Monster. We cornered the beast beneath its own main temple, but I'm afraid we never managed to complete the seal that would imprison it forever."

The hoplites part their formation so that you and Azazel can pass, and me motions for you to follow him north. "Follow me, friends, and I'll tell you the details."

tomas

Validated User
Bob held up his hand and said, "One moment."

He turned around and bellowed down the hall to the others, "Faith and I were just invited to go have a chat with a god. Would you guys like to join us?"

Top Bottom