• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC GURPS Dungeon Fantasy: In Search of the Unknown

Bira

Validated User
OOC:
We're getting to the good bit! I'll wait for our remaining PCs to confirm whether they're on board before proceeding, to make sure everyone who wants to be included is present. Bob and Faith are already in, so we're waiting on Preth and Madoc.

Kinetic Energy Weapon

flouveida
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Bob held up his hand and said, "One moment."

He turned around and bellowed down the hall to the others, "Faith and I were just invited to go have a chat with a god. Would you guys like to join us?"
"Oh, absolutely," Preth says dryly. "Wouldn't miss it for the world."

tomas

Validated User
"Well hurry up. Faith said something that it's good for the soul which sounds boring to me."

Bira

Validated User
This is what happens next:

Azazel takes you on a little tour of his home. Beyond the root-choked corridor you were fighting in there's a large chamber that looks to be a former temple of the Monster. All the iconography has been defaced, and where you suspect would be an idol of some sort is instead a large sphere made out of tangled roots (like a ball of yarn). From it drips faintly glowing green sludge that gets collected into a vat placed at the bottom. Scattered about are many filthy bedrolls and crude footlockers used by the soldiers.

"Through this holy device we purify the evil of the Monster into the holy unguent whose might sustains my congregation and keeps the demon contained."

In the west wall of this chamber lies a narrow, cave-like passage. Azazel himself takes you through it while his men stay behind. After a short distance it bends to the left and opens up into a small grotto, which is neatly bissected by a row of about a dozen candles made from the glowing green stuff, their flame sputtering and sparking. Beyond the candles is a jade statue as tall as Bob depicting a beaked, clawed, worm-like thing. In its beak and each of its two claws, the worm thing holds a fantastically large ruby.

"These jewels are sacred to the Monster, and anchor its fell power in the world still. They should have been destroyed long ago, but unfortunately they can only be approached by someone less holy than ourselves." He smiles apologetically as he says that last bit. "So this is why I have invited you here! You would do a great favor to the world in smashing those jewels."

OOC:
The area beyond the candle barrier is a No Sanctity for the Celestial Court and a High Sanctity zone for the Monster. To Faith, the jewels emanate a sense of wrongness.

Preth can also sense Azazel is holding something back...

tomas

Validated User
Bob Looked around the chamber and bluntly said, "You're a real slob of a god. Why can't you snap your fingers and make everything clean and sparkly like?"

Last edited:

Bira

Validated User
The feeling of wrongness intensifies to "doom" when Faith crosses the threshold established by the candles. After a few probing blows it appears the gems are securely held by the statue in such a way that you can't get a good angle to smash them. You would have to remove them first, but after that a good stomp from your armored boots would do the job.

Top Bottom