• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[GURPS] Patrol Beta-Gamma: Zombies, Mutants and Cops

Victorian

Validated User
is there any guide on how to use the gcs because it is just not working. I even used a different computer and still nothing works.
I tested it on two it my computers and it works perfectly on both. How are you using it? You have to put all the files from the zip folder into a folder on your pc, click gcs.exe and it should work well.

Victorian

Validated User
I am interested, but I moved recently and don’t have my PC set up yet. I’ll check and see if my wife has her laptop handy.

Are you using Tactical Shooting? There’s also a Pyramid article about meshing TS and Ultra-Tech. UT’s firearms bug me, so I have research and opinions on TL9 firearms.
I intend to use Tactical Shooting and perhaps mass combat as well, if we have larger battles.

Tartan

Validated User
As promised, my character’s bio. I may write some more later, though.

Alex J Talbot was born before the world ended, in Indianapolis. As the city was designated as one of the safe zones, he never saw the brutality and harshness of the outside. His family survived without a scratch - parents, grandparents and three brothers. His father had been an army officer and his mother a renowned psychiatrist, they are still alive.

Alex always loved studying as well as sports. From a very young age he was destined to become a soldier. He volunteered at the age of 20 and eventually became a sergeant in charge of a patrol that sweeps the outskirts. He had seen it all - monsters, mutants, zombies, you name it, but still remains zealous and loyal to the city that saved him. He wishes that what remains of the government will reclaim the state of Indiana soon and truly rebuild the old society.

Being intellectually inclined, he seeks to preserve pre-apocalypse culture and technology. Only by knowing and cherishing the past can you rebuild the world.

Hobbies:
  • History
  • English Literature
  • Technology
  • PC games

Alcohol of choice: pre-apocalypse Single Malt

Favourite singer: Loretta Lynn

Favourite actor: Arnold Schwarzenegger

Favourite book: Les Miserables by V. Hugo

P.S. - hope it’s lore friendly

Tartan

Validated User
I tested it on two it my computers and it works perfectly on both. How are you using it? You have to put all the files from the zip folder into a folder on your pc, click gcs.exe and it should work well.
It should work well on any computer. It’s not very easy to use but you have everything you need there - all the skills, advantages and advantages and even quirks. It makes character creation SOO much easier.

Tartan

Validated User
I am interested, but I moved recently and don’t have my PC set up yet. I’ll check and see if my wife has her laptop handy.

Are you using Tactical Shooting? There’s also a Pyramid article about meshing TS and Ultra-Tech. UT’s firearms bug me, so I have research and opinions on TL9 firearms.
I think we’re mostly at TL8 though.

lordtaco777

Validated User
where in the folder is gcs.exe . I think I got it downloaded successfully just need to figure out how to get some of the things to run

lordtaco777

Validated User
It sounds like a really cool concept but I'm going to have to back out. every time I try using the gcs.exe an error message pops up and I can't figure out how to fix it. I hope you have a good campaign

Top Bottom