Haiti Relief Bundle -- Not to be crass...

Elvish Lore

Hello!
Validated User
I think that this bundle was an amazingly generous gesture, but I keep wondering if it wouldn't have been better if DriveThru had maybe clipped some of the smaller stuff out of the bundle and just let people get the really good stuff for the donation, as opposed to D66 Ship Names.

-Darren MacLennan
Totally uncalled for. In fact, kind of obnoxious that you called out a product.

JAZilla

Cleaner of Ferret Poop
Validated User
I'm hoping it will boost sales.

I've got Thrilling Tales sitting in my cart. I saw it in the store and was sorely tempted, but low on cash. If I like it, you can be sure I'm going to go back and pick up the hard copy.

Tommy Brownell

Validated User
I'm hoping it will boost sales.

I've got Thrilling Tales sitting in my cart. I saw it in the store and was sorely tempted, but low on cash. If I like it, you can be sure I'm going to go back and pick up the hard copy.
I say this a lot...but Thrilling Tales IS pretty awesome.

musashiwins

Validated User
It really has nothing to do with the titles. It's just a simple way to get another group of people to think about parting with $20 for a nation and people that need it worse than us. Bravo to the publishers and DriveThru.

One Horse Town

Banned
It really has nothing to do with the titles. It's just a simple way to get another group of people to think about parting with $20 for a nation and people that need it worse than us.
Totally. It's less about what you get and more about what you give.

The bonus is that you might find some titles and publishers you've not heard of before that create great stuff.

Harwel

¯(°_o)/¯
Totally. It's less about what you get and more about what you give.

The bonus is that you might find some titles and publishers you've not heard of before that create great stuff.
Exactly. And thanks to Drivethru and the publishers for their generosity for this donation drive. Any publisher who stepped up for this gets extra consideration from me next time I consider opening my wallet for a purchase, just for being good eggs. You're all in my order history, so I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Olaf the Stout

Insert Witty Title Here
Validated User
I think that this bundle was an amazingly generous gesture, but I keep wondering if it wouldn't have been better if DriveThru had maybe clipped some of the smaller stuff out of the bundle and just let people get the really good stuff for the donation, as opposed to D66 Ship Names. (I also worry about DriveThruRPG's ability to match the donations, but as the coupon doesn't come with matching, I'm not too too worried.)

-Darren MacLennan
Do we really need to get picky with what people chose to donate? I think it is good that so many publishers offered up their products for free.

For some people that product may have been considered something they were after. Maybe they didn't even know such a product existed before now?

Olaf the Stout

Top Bottom