• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Happy 50th Anniversary, Herbie The Love Bug!

King Snarf

Validated User
On this day in 1969, Disney released The Love Bug in theaters, spawning several delightfully ridiculous movies and a ridiculous TV series. The franchise is better than The Fast & the Furious, and Herbie > Lightning McQueen. There, I said it.

Crothian

Validated User
These movies were fun and just a joy to watch when I was a kid. It is too bad the remake make never took off.

zwilnik

Validated User
I have an inordinate fondness for the Herbie movies. In this case, I was the target demographic.

The recent back door reboot, where he's also a robot was delightful.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
On this day in 1969, Disney released The Love Bug in theaters, spawning several delightfully ridiculous movies and a ridiculous TV series. The franchise is better than The Fast & the Furious, and Herbie > Lightning McQueen. There, I said it.
What is you stance on Battle of the Bug: Herbie vs Bumblebee?

King Snarf

Validated User
These movies were fun and just a joy to watch when I was a kid. It is too bad the remake make never took off.
Lindsey Lohan has much to answer for.

Anyway, since I mentioned the TV show, I wasn't even aware of it's existence until a few years ago while watching the Academy Awards In Memoriam reel and learning that Dean Jones had died that year (really, news media? You should have made a bigger deal of that) and while googling to verify, learned that, yup, there was a TV show that Dean Jones did the theme song for no less.

Now, charming enough I suppose, but they should have just written lyrics for the REAL theme song.

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
I remember watching the movie as a kid, Don't remember the tV show.

Dont' remember any detaisl about them, other than they were funny and light hearted.

DLathrop

In 'Tia and Luna's Army
RPGnet Member
Validated User
This just all makes me think of "Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo" Which was one of my absolute, utterly FAVORITE movies growing up.

DL

Top Bottom