• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Harry Potter: Wizards Unite

Kuildeous

Validated User
I stopped caring about purples except for XP, so I wasn't trying to rank up, but then I burned through my brilliant runestones yesterday in case they vanish, and I ended up ranking up again. I ended up 2 points shy of hitting Rank 16. That makes me sadder than I expected.

It would've been nicer if the purples had more than two options. I was getting pretty sick of them. I screwed up on my green books spending them on other abilities because I thought I'd get more. I did not. Now I have to wait for the next one to unlock the profession that lets me increase my Focus. Starting with Focus 3 would be pretty nice in the fortresses.

So is it officially over? I'm avoiding touching another portmanteau. I have enough brilliant to choke a horse. Not going to enjoy "walking" those off.

Kuildeous

Validated User
So what do you find yourself soloing in the fortress? I think I can consistently solo level 4 without spending potions. Maybe level 5. This is by using 1st-level runestones, so maybe things will be different with higher runestones.

I've unlocked level 7, but I haven't tried it yet. Doing level 6 took quite a bit of potion guzzling.

And does anyone let themselves pass out and start over after a penalty? Is that worthwhile? I've always been too afraid to let myself drop that far, so I drink potions.

If it helps figure out my combat capability, I'm level 20 now.

Kuildeous

Validated User
So is it officially over? I'm avoiding touching another portmanteau. I have enough brilliant to choke a horse. Not going to enjoy "walking" those off.
Well, answered my own question. I just saw a brilliant buckbeak. On the bright side, I got the final 2 points to hit rank 16. That was especially nice since it gave me 5 scrolls.

Now that I have a brilliant runestone again, I think I'll hang onto it to see what happens after the event is over. I'm guessing that portkeys and runestones could still give you event XP. You just don't see any more brilliant portkeys in the wild or purple traces wandering around.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm a level 22 Magizoologist with 88 lessons learned, and I can solo level 4 without potions most of the time, level 5 with maybe a healing potion to stay over 50 % health against a tough enemy since that gives me a power bonus.

I didn't know you could continue after being knocked out, but that's useful to know.

Kuildeous

Validated User
I didn't know you could continue after being knocked out, but that's useful to know.
I never tested that, but I get the impression online that you can do it. You just have downtime where I guess you can't get back in. This downtime gets longer the higher up you go.

So if I understand correctly, I could do the fights without healing, but I have to wait 30 seconds or more before getting back in, which could cost me a victory.

Obviously I'm sticking with potions for now.

Vorpeseda

Floof
Validated User
Honestly I'm a huge fan of the art in this game. My two favourites are the carnivorous slug, laughing after you deal with the troll, and the vampire, who strikes me as a very enthusiastic LARPer.
The Vampire one is impressively creepy for having no actual blood visible.

Kovbasa

Validated User
So I finally broke down and swapped over to Professor. I had a crapload of potions, so I figured it was worth a shot. I set it for chamber 3 with a level 1 runestone (I figured that this was a good use for some of those extra brilliant runestones I have).

First run: Formidable Erkling followed by a common Deatheater. Ran through a lot of healing potions and a few exstimulo, but I put them down. I decided to dump a few scrolls into the first couple of levels - I had just enough to get the first charm. Second run, I finally found my first formidable Pixie, followed by a common Erkling. I still used more potions then I'd like, but I finished it.

Only 9 more to go now. I'll probably grab a few more Professor lessons to ease it up. At least at that level it should only cost me the equivalent of around 1 of my Magizoologist lessons. After that I'll look at trying to gain a few more Fortress levels. I was able to complete a level 6 battle at just under the wire with a few potions a week or so back, so it may be worthwhile trying level 7 soon.

Edit: I also need to remember to swap back to Magizoologist between Fortress battles. I ran into a Centaur, and while I still beat it pretty easily, I don't need to be spending extra magic on those fights.

Kovbasa

Validated User
There's something very fitting about my 100th Magnificent cast occurring on a low-threat confoundable that disappeared once I had made the cast.

I got two more Formidable Pixies, bringing my total up to 3 so far. That's about a 38% chance of encountering one as a professor on a level 3 challenge using a level 1 runestone. Compare that with a 0% chance as a Magizoologist, and I'm going to say that your profession definitely affects your enemies in challenges.

As a bonus, these battles are clearing out space in my potions inventory. I'm almost out of healing potions, but that's not a big issue with the ingredients for those things spawning so frequently.

Top Bottom