• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Harry Potter: Wizards Unite

Kovbasa

Validated User
Thank. Freaking. Dog.

I finally caught my fourth Self Playing Harp to allow me to prestige that page for the first bloody time.

Those harps have been ridiculously hard to find, and if I didn't use a dawdle draught they invariably disappeared after the first cast. I'm not looking forward to trying to catch 10 more to prestige that page again, but at least I've done it once, and will be able to level up that family XP faster for a bit.

Of course, now that I know that I can actually make use of those Dark Detectors (I never found much effect with only using a single one), maybe it'll be easier to find it and some of the other rarer foundables I'm missing.

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
As a duly deputized member of Her Majesty's Special Magical Forces, I of course take care to only blast brown centaurs. After all, white centaurs aren't known to be troublemakers.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Switching to Auror was the right move. I got two Common Dark Wizards on my first two attempts, so now that's over and done with.

BTW, did anyone else get a weird error where the medal-thing on Harry's desk switched place and size with the papers to the left of it when you placed it? It switched back later, but for a while it looked really weird.

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
I had a desk-sized badge for a little bit, which kept me from claiming a finished image of the Potter family til o rebooted the app.

Kovbasa

Validated User
Yup. I've had that bug affect both pages of the registry - the first one had a tiny Harry Potter. It didn't get in the way for me, though.

Got the last piece of Harry's badge, so I've officially completed the event. I can't recall, but I'm assuming that any portmanteaus that I open after the event ends (and before the next event starts) will continue to add to my family XP for this event? And the same for the runestones?

Edit: Just downloaded the new update. I'm happy to see that it's no longer notifying me that I have achievements when I don't, but the game does seem noticeably slower than before. Is anybody else noticing that?

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
I did a big run on a fortress today to try to get those Dark Wizards and in four or five attempts I got a grand total of one. I did manage to beat Tower V (with a generous helping of potions)... but I forgot to chug a Brain potion before which I had planned to do, so I missed out on a bunch of XP.

I'll make another attempt tomorrow, possibly switching careers. I've hit Dark Wizards fairly often before as a Magizoologist, though not that many regular ones I suppose.
I managed to complete it in six attempts (all with the first tower and a Level 1 runestone). I found a sweet place in a public park near by bicycle commuting route - there is a fitness path where each station is its own inn, except for one which is a castle. So all I have to do is drive in a circle with my bicycle and I can hit five inns within a minute or two. Then, after I have completed a challenge, I can drive in a circle yet again.

I still lose slightly more spell energy from the challenges than I gain from the inns, but it's a fairly close thing.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I managed to complete it in six attempts (all with the first tower and a Level 1 runestone). I found a sweet place in a public park near by bicycle commuting route - there is a fitness path where each station is its own inn, except for one which is a castle. So all I have to do is drive in a circle with my bicycle and I can hit five inns within a minute or two. Then, after I have completed a challenge, I can drive in a circle yet again.

I still lose slightly more spell energy from the challenges than I gain from the inns, but it's a fairly close thing.
Nice! None of the forts that I can reasonably go to from home are quite that convenient. One has a couple of inns right nearby and another would have quite a few but the path is blocked because of some construction work.

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
Last night, I found a sweet little confluence of three green inns in a Mysterious Artefacts zone, which helped gild a registry page for the first time, all whilst hanging out at a bar waiting to see Spiderman: Far From Home. Not bad for a Monday evening!

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
The next event is a Hogwarts-themed two parter. I was all psyched that the ad copy indicated two of the prominent foundables would be the Hogwarts Express and the sorting hat, until I recalled they’d be brilliant variants.

Kovbasa

Validated User
Yeah. A lot of those things will take me months just to fill out for the first time to prestige, which I suppose is the point, but it does seem a little overboard.

Honestly (and I can't believe I'm typing this), I'm starting to feel a little burnout from the events. Or maybe it's just a lot of concern about it. It's early, but we seem to be having an event just about every other week. Don't get me wrong - I'm loving the scrolls and restricted books, but with Portmanteaus being such a big part of it, silver keys are being more and more valuable, and I can see it easily getting to the point where any coins earned go towards buying enough keys to finish that part of the event.

On the plus side, they have started releasing a few more foundables for that new page on the Magical Games & Sports tab.

I got my 5 Doxy oddities to finish that particular assignment. I don't know if I'll look for any others to complete my registry until dawn is a little later, though.

Top Bottom