• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Harry Potter: Wizards Unite

Kuildeous

Validated User
Some Niantic exec, presumably: Hey, those portkeys are annoying to use. Let's make them even worse by making them take forever as well.

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
Some Niantic exec, presumably: Hey, those portkeys are annoying to use. Let's make them even worse by making them take forever as well.
I opened my first 3km portkeys last night and now understand what you mean. At least it's a change from spinning in a circle tapping idly?

Kuildeous

Validated User
I opened my first 3km portkeys last night and now understand what you mean. At least it's a change from spinning in a circle tapping idly?
I’ll choose the spinning. At least with spinning I can complete a portkey in 5 seconds. I have to wait for these things to show up in the 3k version. And I’m becoming more and more aware that my eyesight is not that great. Sometimes I have to wiggle the mouse a few times before I can spot it, so these moving wrackspurts are really playing havoc on me.

This game has always been rather unfriendly toward mobility-challenged and shaky-handed people, so this is just another layer of exclusion. I’m still able to catch those things, but there are certainly players who have it worse than me.

Kovbasa

Validated User
Given the choice between 3 km with the waiting or 7 km with spinning I'll still take the 3 km version, but it's still a ridiculous design system. I'm glad that they're putting in more backgrounds for the events, but the waiting (and having it not register your taps) is a poor design choice.

Got another 2 werewolves last night, so I'm on the last stage of the challenge:

- Defeat 30 foes in wizarding challenges? No problem. Even only doing one/day that'll take me at most a week;
- Defeat 10 Formidable Death Eaters in wizarding challenges? More annoying, but still doable. As a magizoologist I still get Death Eaters semi-regularly. It's complete BS for those Professors that'll have to respec to Auror, though. I've mentioned my thoughts on these types of challenges previously, though.
- Complete 3 Wizarding Challenges with 3 teammates? Oh F*** right off. I play the game solo and don't know anybody in the vicinity who does play. My best hope for this is to stumble around the mall on a weekend (probably several) and hope that I run into a group at a fortress and join them.

Christ. I understand that they want to encourage people to play in groups, but putting up roadblocks unless you play as a group is not the way to do it. At least in Pokemon Go you can go to a more heavily populated area and expect to find a group converge on a legendary raid. In WU there's no such incentive.

Of course, in PG I've been stuck on a quest chain for a few months right now because it requires me to trade a bunch of pokemon, so I have my issues with that game as well.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Has anyone else had problems with the game crashing a lot lately? I've had several instances just today of it blinking out when I tap something on the suitcase screen.

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
Given the choice between 3 km with the waiting or 7 km with spinning I'll still take the 3 km version, but it's still a ridiculous design system. I'm glad that they're putting in more backgrounds for the events, but the waiting (and having it not register your taps) is a poor design choice.
What was killing me is the narrow width of a phone screen made it even harder to catch wrackspurts as they go by, but apparently the screen can rotate to landscape, so you can at least see the whole of the compartment window. Still not loving it, and it feels like more than a bit of a disincentive to grind more portkeys than required.

Has anyone figured out what the little handle-like thing is that flies by the bottom of the window as the train enters a cutting through the rock face?

JamesG

Validated User
Has anyone figured out what the little handle-like thing is that flies by the bottom of the window as the train enters a cutting through the rock face?
It’s a sign of some sort, I couldn’t say for sure what the symbol was but I have seen similar by UK railway lines.

Kovbasa

Validated User
Fun fact: Elite Formidable Death Eaters don't count towards the "Defeat 10 Formidable Death Eaters" challenge. Ask me how I know.

This bloody game...

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
...is it just me, or is that Magizoologist ability that gives you +40 Power when you have 5+ Focus really, really powerful?

I mean, that almost doubles my Power! And all I have to do is take an Invigoration potion before the first fight - or survive the first fight, and then use Healing potions to heal myself instead of Focus...

Kovbasa

Validated User
...is it just me, or is that Magizoologist ability that gives you +40 Power when you have 5+ Focus really, really powerful?

I mean, that almost doubles my Power! And all I have to do is take an Invigoration potion before the first fight - or survive the first fight, and then use Healing potions to heal myself instead of Focus...
Oh yes. It's probably the key ability for them. I started beelining for it during the first brilliant event and it more than doubled my power. Part of the benefit comes from the fact that Magizoologists have a much lower power overall than the other 2 professions.

I boosted my initial focus to 5, and the only time I need an invigoration potion is if I use the 7-focus skill that increases power against elites.

Top Bottom