• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Harry Potter: Wizards Unite

JamesG

Validated User
Well having woken up in the middle of the night I have just got my last Doxy, but as another solo player I will also struggle with the next stage... Back to sleep now though.

tashkal

Validated User
Anyone here going to the event in Indy in a couple of weeks? I should be there on September 1st.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I got my first doxy the other day when I woke up at something like 5 am. Getting the rest will be easy in a couple of months but now I'm not even trying.

I liked the last even better in some ways (more variety of brilliant Foundables and not the difficult ones you had to try ten times to catch only to have them fly away) and worse in others (catching wrackspurts from the train).

I feel like gold isn't nearly as tight as I had thought it would be. I think I'm at three full vault expansions (including the one from getting that initial real actual cash money offer), one extra potion expansion, and one ingredient expansion just because I was getting tired of throwing stuff away all the time. I still have quite a few runes to go through so I feel like spending gold to keep up there if needed will be reasonable moving forward. I may even start to spend some on getting ingredients for specific potions - I've had a period of a week or two when I've been out of something for nearly everything except the Invigorating ones, and I was well enough stocked on those.

I'll probably expand my potion capacity a bit more just because I'm still making more potions than I'm using.

Kovbasa

Validated User
I got my first doxy the other day when I woke up at something like 5 am. Getting the rest will be easy in a couple of months but now I'm not even trying.
Right there with you. I got the ones I needed to advance the questline, but completing the registry will wait until autumn. "Fortunately", I still have to get a bunch more horned serpent eggs anyhow.

I only managed to get 3 werewolves this time around - enough to complete the questline, but leaving me one shy of completing that spot on my registry. "Fortunately", I still have to get a bunch more centaur bows anyhow.

I just saw patch notes yesterday that said that they'd increased the family XP for foundables that you'd already completed in the registry. I'm not certain when they instituted this, but I'm glad. I'm also feeling a bit foolish because I never noticed a difference between the family XP for low & medium threat foundables before. The 4 XP for medium threats is actually making me play a little more - up until now I've been really stingy about going after foundables unless a.) I haven't caught my 10 for the daily achievement; b.) It's one that I haven't completed in the registry; or c.) I have a steady source of energy available.

The patch notes also mentioned that they've increased the spawn rate for young Ginny Weasly, which is good. I've been looking for a bunch of her for about a month now in order to prestige that page. I think I've found 2, and both vanished after the first cast. I did see one spawn yesterday after I read the patch notes, though, and was able to catch it. I don't know whether that's a lot of luck, though, or whether it was a significant increase in spawn rate.

I liked the last even better in some ways (more variety of brilliant Foundables and not the difficult ones you had to try ten times to catch only to have them fly away) and worse in others (catching wrackspurts from the train).
My experience with the brilliant foundables was slightly different. Although I appreciated the variety, I found that they were every bit as difficult to catch as the difficult ones. Every time I started to get a decent reserve of energy I'd try to catch a brilliant student, and it would invariably take close to 10 casts to catch.

Kovbasa

Validated User
I've definitely had 2 experiences where the foundable has ran after using DD, but on the whole, I think that it has been working for me. I can't guarantee it's doing anything, though. It's entirely possible that I've just been lucky and during the other uses they wouldn't have run if I hadn't used it. I typically only use it on Severe & Emergency threats, though.

I do think that it should guarantee that the foundable won't run while it's in effect. That still won't guarantee catching it with the bloody catch rates, though.

Kovbasa

Validated User
I gotta say that dropping the family XP cap, combined with the recent boost to family XP, does make hunting the brilliant foundables a lot more worthwhile now.

Barely.

Seriously. If it didn't take so many casts to catch the bloody things it would be great. But hitting a couple of Inns and then ending up with a net loss of energy due to one brilliant foundable (usually a sorting hat, but I've had the students take 10+ casts more than once) is still really frustrating, no matter what your reward is.

Top Bottom