• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Has anyone ever statted up the band Kiss?

Marcantony

Validated User
They have appeared in a few comics, none of which I have ever read. Ive never even seen the movie.

However I do remain curious about them for some reason. Maybe its the costumes, or the concept.

Or at least what would their powers be?

pdboddy

Used Register
Validated User
Today's Kiss, or the Kiss from back in the day? There's so much potential for RP in both directions.

Jadasc

Validated User
Taking your question altogether too literally, Darren Watts of HERO Games did it for a convention game. It used Champions, naturally.

DrZombie

Dead and loving it
Validated User
Alternatively, just let them know they could make a couple of bucks from sticking their names and likenesses on an rpg and boom! KISS brand D&D.

WistfulD

Validated User
However I do remain curious about them for some reason. Maybe its the costumes, or the concept.
Or at least what would their powers be?
From what I can tell, there isn't a concept more deep than "this face is 'the starchild,' that one is 'the demon'" and so on for catman, spaceman, bandit, fox, hawkman, ankh warrior, and whatever else has rotated in. There's no story or substance under that, so it can be anything one wants. I guess the starchild and spaceman should probably be able to survive in, and fly through, outer space. Same with the demon and 'hell' (in this case a very over-the-top hell unrelated to real world religion). The Catman should be able to either control cats (/lions, tigers, and such) or act like one, with claws and super-reflexes. If they need additional powers for the power level of whatever kind of campaign you are in, also maybe sonic or ray-beam attacks and/or being able to fly.

Numanoid

#rocksteadyrollhard
Validated User
🔴 Warning
Just take any loathsome, disgusting, parasite monster from an RPG of your choice, reskin it as “Gene Simmons”, and you’re already 1/4 of the way there.

(He’s a Trump supporter, that should tell you all you need to know.)

Last edited:

Pluvinarch

Validated User
There was a Kiss comic in the past... I can't remember the details, but it basically showed them as overpowered immortals with immense power.

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Spirit of 77 has a "Glam Rocker" archetype, which would work well for modeling KISS.

charlieluce

Still Pony
Validated User
Wayyyyy back in the day four of us actually played the comics version of KISS as a superhero team in Superhero 2044. I played Space Ace.

Top Bottom