• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Has anyone ever statted up the band Kiss?

DMH

Master of Mutant Design
Validated User
Kizz is a patron for wizards in the Umerica Survival Guide (a post apocalyptic setting for Dungeon Crawl Classics). And his write up is a little more extensive than most of the other patrons.

Thornlord

Suffer the likes of me.
Validated User
Yes... I have stats somewhere for Starblazer Adventures.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just take any loathsome, disgusting, parasite monster from an RPG of your choice, reskin it as “Gene Simmons”, and you’re already 1/4 of the way there.

(He’s a Trump supporter, that should tell you all you need to know.)

Moderator Text:

Don't threadcrap. It's fine to dislike Gene and his politics but that isn't helpful to answering the question.

Jack

Wave Man
Validated User
The closest I've come myself is taking a Botswanan Death Metal musician and making him a Ghost Rider type superhero with sonic hellscreams.

I feel like Kiss would be in that vein but more divided among their various personas. So Cat-Man, Freaky Beast Monster with special tongue thing, Weird Space Dude and Other Weird Space Dude. Of course two Space Dudes makes me think they need a starship and a mission to travel the spaceways making the galaxy safe for Rock n Roll, perhaps occasionally crossing paths with Ziggy Stardust and King Crimson.

Brandi

Validated User
There was a Kiss comic in the past... I can't remember the details, but it basically showed them as overpowered immortals with immense power.
Sounds like Todd McFarlane's KISS: Psycho Circus (1997). Twenty years before that (Jesus, I'm old), there was Marvel's A Marvel Comics Super Special!: KISS, which gave them a powerset that would be much more playable:

Gene: strongest of the four, fire breath, could have his boots attack independently
Paul: emotion control through an eye-beam
Peter: cat-like agility, maybe claws
Ace: vibratory powers (phasing, sonic blast), teleportation

Oh, and in the original comic they were 4 ordinary teenagers who found transformation trinkets.

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
I still remember there live action movie where they had super powers
KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park, in which they have more-or-less the same powers as in the Marvel Super Special.

There are a couple of groups for the old TSR Marvel Super Heroes RPG on Facebook. One of them, that I'm not yet a member of, apparently has a fan write-up of KISS. The other, the Unofficial Canon Project, which I am a member of, has a fan-made sourcebook for Citrusville, Florida that includes stats for KISS as well, based on their appearances in their Super Special and in Howard the Duck.

BigJackBrass

Two Separate Gorillas
Validated User
Weird thing about reading this thread is that I saw loads of kids wearing KISS makeup on my way home from work. Turns out they're playing in Manchester tonight as part of their farewell tour.

I couldn't name any of their songs off the top of my head, but I do remember them turning up in the Howard the Duck comic.

Pluvinarch

Validated User
There is a funny urban legend here in Brazil that the band Kiss makeup is inspired by the Brazilian "Secos e Molhados" band ("Dry and Wet" in English). The "Secos e Molhados" was a 70s vocal group that was very bold in their use of makeup, fantasies and performances... Their main artist, and still active and famous singer is Ney Matogrosso.
A bit of reference:

Top Bottom