• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Has Wizards locked up all the art archives?

ShadowDemon

Retired User
After a long absense from visitng the Wizards boards (connectivity issues that wouldn't let me load them), I came back and found things VERY different than they used to be. I went looking for the old archives of art from the various books that used to be on the site and all I could find were "proof sheets" of thumbnails and a notation "to see whole archive, subscribe". Furthermore, most of the material was only a couple of years old...NOTHING from the early (ie, pre 3.5/4 books at all that I could find).

Am I right in assuming that Wizards has done it again and is looking to milk us for access to this stuff or am I looking in the wrong place?

Subumloc

Validated User
After a long absense from visitng the Wizards boards (connectivity issues that wouldn't let me load them), I came back and found things VERY different than they used to be. I went looking for the old archives of art from the various books that used to be on the site and all I could find were "proof sheets" of thumbnails and a notation "to see whole archive, subscribe". Furthermore, most of the material was only a couple of years old...NOTHING from the early (ie, pre 3.5/4 books at all that I could find).

Am I right in assuming that Wizards has done it again and is looking to milk us for access to this stuff or am I looking in the wrong place?
Art galleries for DDI stuff have always been behind paywall.
Art galleries for older stuff are still online.

medivh

Banned
And, unfortunately, there still isn't a big button that says "Download archive file with all images."

jephlewis

w1zz0rz r 3p1c f41l!!1!!!
Art galleries for DDI stuff have always been behind paywall.
Art galleries for older stuff are still online.
No. Originally, the 4E art was free. And it would seem that the 4E art was free for about a year and a half, since this person's post is dated September 29, 2009.

Link to 20 page discussion on the wizard's boards

some person on the wizard's boards said:
They've taken something we could get for free, because some of us (especially me) are poor and the only thing I can look forward to was the eventual art galleries of each book released. Now Wizards had the balls to take that away and say we have to pay for them now. Who the heck made that awful decision?

jephlewis

w1zz0rz r 3p1c f41l!!1!!!
Ah, ok :) I've been a subscriber since day one, so I didn't notice.
It's cool. I haven't subscribed yet, but we've used the free level 1-3 character builder, and it's a blast! I've thought about subscribing a few times ever since they rolled it out, but we're only using the core three [PHB1, DMG1, MM1], and I guess I'm just waiting for more DM tools. They still only have one, the monster builder, right?

Dragon_Blooded

Social Justice Main Tank
Validated User
And, unfortunately, there still isn't a big button that says "Download archive file with all images."
You mean for all the galleries at once, or on each individual gallery? Because the former doesn't exist, but the later does in products as far back as Draconomicon I.

Eduardo Penna

Top Bottom