Have you ever downloaded old WW books

Ultima

Validated User
I used to but I gave it up on a matter of principal. However it also meant that I stopped buying oWoD books since it would cost me over a thousand dollars to try to complete the collection.

EDIT: I tried to change the topic since I thought maybe it would be to prying to ask this. When I did no one had even looked at the thread.

Last edited:

Cindy What

Banned
Re: Have you ever downloaded old World of Darkness books?

I stopped borrowing books from my friends for the same reason. I also don't buy second hand books any more either.

If I want to read a book I should have to buy my own. At a price set by the publisher.

Ultima

Validated User

I stopped borrowing books from my friends for the same reason. I also don't buy second hand books any more either.

If I want to read a book I should have to buy my own. At a price set by the publisher.
Seriously? Second hand books? I dunno if I would go that far. It isn't actually stealing, and if you can't even buy books from a used book store then what about your local library?

Cindy What

Banned
I used to but I gave it up on a matter of principal. However it also meant that I stopped buying oWoD books since it would cost me over a thousand dollars to try to complete the collection.

EDIT: I tried to change the topic since I thought maybe it would be to prying to ask this. When I did no one had even looked at the thread.
What are you doing mate? 'Have you ever downloaded old WW books?' becomes 'How cool is Leviathan?!?!?'

Ultima

Validated User
If by 'download' you mean 'bought PDFs from Drive-Thru RPG', then yes, I have.
Best choice you can make. The author and publisher have a right to be compensated for their work by the amount that they ask.

Cindy What

Banned

Seriously? Second hand books? I dunno if I would go that far. It isn't actually stealing, and if you can't even buy books from a used book store then what about your local library?
It's like my grandmother used to say: "Libraries = IP theft"

Ultima

Validated User
What are you doing mate? 'Have you ever downloaded old WW books?' becomes 'How cool is Leviathan?!?!?'
Idiotic I know. I thought that this was too personal for a sec and no one had even looked in to the thread so I figured I had a window of opportunity to just make it go away when I found I couldn't delete it. I figured since no one had checked it out yet no one would notice. Ok, dumb move. *Shoots self*

Dal Thrax

Validated User
Um doen't RPG.net have a no discussion of illegal downloading rule? Last I looks PDF prices on oWOD weren't that bad.

Ultima

Validated User

It's like my grandmother used to say: "Libraries = IP theft"
Hmm... she has a point. And its getting worse if you look at it that way. My local library has also made not only DVDs available but also video games.

Top Bottom