• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

HBS BATTLETECH #2: Dakka Dakka Decker (RIP)

Nelzie

Validated User
Vehicles are still somewhat vulnerable, as they have very few locations to scatter damage over, making it fairly easy to concentrate damage. And once their armor's breached, they have to be very lucky to survive another hit.

Generally on things like Shrecks or Demolishers, I'll precision shot on their flank armor, and take them out that way.
Give BT Advanced 3062+ a go, stand off against a set of Demolishers, when you have Assault Mechs and WELL trained gunners.

They CAN take upwards of three to four rounds of combat with consistent hits from multiple members of your lance with high damage weapons. I'm talking like I've seen these tanks last out multiple missile barrages, coupled with PPC, medium laser and large laser strikes from multiple members of my lance and just shrug it off like it is nothing. But... sometimes that fluke where you do JUST enough damage with an Autocannon causes a cascading ripple of crits, which is not as common as you might expect.

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hehe. No thanks, I'll stick to my comfy 3025 era!

I pretty much bailed on the board game shortly after the 3050 update and all the Clan silliness. Give me my rustbucket mechs any day.

Nelzie

Validated User
Hehe. No thanks, I'll stick to my comfy 3025 era!

I pretty much bailed on the board game shortly after the 3050 update and all the Clan silliness. Give me my rustbucket mechs any day.
I haven't seen any Clan mechs yet.

Out in the Periphery, there are some truly "rust bucket" mechs in the form of "Primitive" versions of standard mechs. They have weightier kit, which impacts effectiveness and a few other bits and baubles that can make for more of a challenge. It's quite fun!

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Logically in the video game you shouldn't see any Clan mechs. The invasion was on the far side of the Inner Sphere.

Nelzie

Validated User
Logically in the video game you shouldn't see any Clan mechs. The invasion was on the far side of the Inner Sphere.
I would think that in 3062, it MIGHT be possible for some outfit to have salvaged or traded off in the post invasion period. I don't expect to see big groups of Clan mechs, but a few, possibly.

Nelzie

Validated User
I'm unsure at the moment if it's been some updates by the modder or if the calculations of the OpFor are generated based off total armor... but, at least since making mods to the vehicle and turret armor points, the OpFor has returned to being primarily composed of battlemechs, with appropriate levels of vehicles, meaning maybe one vehicle with what could fit as a light scout or light cavalry lance.

Zippy

Buggy Coder
Validated User
Big update dropped today. Campaign balance fixes and AI improvements. If the AI does indeed deal with ECM better that's probably good. My career mode game has been quite silly since I got a Raven, been beating 3 and 3.5 skull missions with my 2 skull lance. The usual note at the bottom of the page

IMPORTANT: Additional note for players who mod various game files…Reminder that modding is not officially supported. If you have saved a game with any mod active, that saved game will not work after an update has been applied unless you replace all modded files exactly as they were when the save game file was created. Saved games require the exact same data state in order to function properly.

Roll Back
It is possible to revert to past versions of our game in case you have trouble with this update. For more platform specific information go to our forums at: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-rollback-to-a-previous-patch-version.1112335/

Nelzie

Validated User
Aw, come on! I just installed the 3025 Commander mod two frakking days ago! >_>
I had to rollback to the previous version on Steam, to be able to continue running the game that I have in play with my mods.

I just had to rollback and then run the injector again. Maybe the new injector will be up and ready in a few days and I can see about updating again.

Top Bottom