• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC [Heart] Murder on the Amaranth Express

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Would be cool to have you!

We could also start the first scene and set the stage while we figure out if we're getting a third player. Apparently, playtest stuff needs to be in by September to be useful, so we should probably try to zip along.

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
Agreed. That Haven won't find itself.

Will get things off the ground shortly.

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
I'm pretty sure the Heretic is a Drow.

Friv, what species is the Knight? Drow, human, Aelfir, or other?

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
It occurs to me know that I could have played a gutterkin junk mage and I feel like crying at the missed opportunity. :)

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Going to go with human, I think! I hadn't really thought about it too much, and I'm honestly a bit fuzzy on the Spire side of the setting lore.

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
Political allegiance and racial animosities mean a lot less down in the Heart but, in the Spire above:

Humans are weird foreigners who love technology and dig into the Earth to hunt Precursor tech. They're not really a direct part of the roiling revolutionary politics of Spire as a category.

Drow are the basic characters of the setting. They used to rule the Spire but now they don't. They lay eggs and are commonly thought to be cursed cousins of the Aelfir (they probably are just a completely different species and the whole curse thing is a way of keeping them down).

The Aelfir suck. They're masked alien, cold invaders who rule Spire and have muted affect. They see everyone else as beneath them.

Gnolls are clever hyena-like combatants in an ongoing war with the Aelfir. They use some kind of demonic/djinn-infused technology. There aren't many in Spire - prisoners of war mostly, but some immigrants and other secret spies.

Gutterkin is a term to refer to all of the strange sorts of entities that live at the bottom rung of Spire life. They fit the Goblin mold. Mostly nonverbal humanoid scavengers but, my own interpretation is that Gutterkin is more of a social rank and that seeing them as mindless animals is probably prejudiced.

Top Bottom