• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Hearthstone VI: I want to stab the darkness

ChairKicker

Part-time Table Flipper
Validated User
If anybody's interested, I'm stuck with that "duel a friend and you both get 80 coins" quest, and have been for a while, because almost no one in my friendlist logs into Hearthstone anymore, and one of the only one who did refused (!?).
I'm ChairKicker#2858.
I don't really have efficient decks, just quirky ones; trying out a priest one with the Angry Chicken I just got because why the fuck not.

awesomeocalypse

Validated User
The only way I get anywhere at the moment is by copying interesting looking decklists off the net :-\
This is like 95% of the playerbase. Top tier decks are too optimized, being usually designed by pros then tweaked and refined by millions of players over millions of matches. It becomes really difficult to just invent a new competitive deck archetype, particularly if you don't have a massive collection. In that sense for most players "deckbuilding" is usually only a relevant skill in Hearthstone laddering during brawls and very early in most expansions.

What is more common is to netdeck, the subtly tweak it for what you're seeing on ladder. A lot of decklists you'll find online are from pros playing in a different meta than you may be seeing at your rank on ladder, and recognizing when you should, say, cut some draw in exchange for golakka crawlers or whatever is definitely a useful skill and a big part of climbing the ladder.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
I just played a Druid who had the best fucking luck of any druid I have ever seen.

I was playing my Zoolock, and I had gotten full Rin off, but he had gotten me down to 3 life with Lich king.

The two cards he got off Lich King was A) the one that destroys a minion and deal its health as damage (which let him kill my Azari so he could bring me down to 3 with Lich king) and his last card was that one that deals 3 damage to all minions.

Just.... GAAAAAAAAH.

enoto

E, not O.
Validated User
I like Lich King and have certainly played him in my share of games, but I swear 90% of the time he either gives me the usually-useless “kill x minions, dump x cards” card or the always-useless “remove 5 cards, summon any minions played” one.

Plumy Namesake

Social Justice Commoner
Validated User
I like Lich King and have certainly played him in my share of games, but I swear 90% of the time he either gives me the usually-useless “kill x minions, dump x cards” card or the always-useless “remove 5 cards, summon any minions played” one.
I got a weasel with death grip, enabling my opponent's Raza.

#nailedit

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Its that time once again youngins: To look back at streamers card predictions and see how wrong they were.

[video=youtube;ff1JcVAKhDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff1JcVAKhDY[/video]

chrisinpm

Validated User
So rather than doing what I usually do here - rant about the meta, drink deeply of Haterade and wish a pox on all the houses of all other HS players (present company excluded), etc., I'm going to do something constructive!

This is a thread I noticed on hearthpwn.com. The poster challenged people to come up with solid decks new players could use to get into the game without dropping a ton of money on it. The decks are restricted to basic, common, and the adventures where you can unlock all the cards with a single purchase (BRM, Kara, etc.).

As new HS players drop into the thread, maybe we can direct them to this link as a resource.

Kurotowa

Weird Science Nut
Validated User
Its that time once again youngins: To look back at streamers card predictions and see how wrong they were.
I have to feel for the streamers. They're doing their best, but they always fall prey to the problem that they're evaluating each new card individually for how it'd fit in the current meta rather than trying to predict what new meta will emerge from the whole set. I've seen it happen again and again with people reacting to new WoW expansion info. They grab onto one element that would indeed suck in the current expansion without any real sense of how it'll fit into the larger picture of changes that will shape the next expansion.

Hot take reaction videos can be amusing, but serious insightful content they ain't.

Top Bottom