• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Hearthstone VI: I want to stab the darkness

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
I swear to God watching people on Hearthpwn baby raging over the art changes may be the saddest thing I have ever seen.

Like there are people actually demanding full dust refunds for the cards whose art got changed.

Crinos

Validated User
So, I've been having fun with a Pogo Hopper deck.

### Always Be hopping
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Pogo-Hopper
# 2x (1) Togwaggle's Scheme
# 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Lab Recruiter
# 2x (2) Shiv
# 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
# 2x (3) Fan of Knives
# 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (4) Plaguebringer
# 2x (4) Spirit of the Shark
# 2x (4) Witchwood Piper
# 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
# 1x (7) Tak Nozwhisker
#
AAECAYO6AgKSlwOImwMOtAHtAr0EmwWIB90IpvAC1/oC4PoCtIYDr5EDtJEDj5cDz6wDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I have to say I am loving Plaguebringer, he goes so well with the minion cards since most people just ignore them. The real God combo of course is using Tak to fill your hand with Pogo Hoppers.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
A missive from the lower ranks:

So I was getting tired of the decks I've been playing with, so I put together a Druid swarm deck with a treant subtheme (Dendrologist and Mulchmuncher), and threw in Stalladris because why not...

...and hit a winning streak that ranked me up all the way from rank 20 to rank 12 (where my streak was broken by, fittingly, another swarm Druid running a slightly different list). Which isn't much of a story for most of you, but is kinda huge for someone like me who struggles to get to rank 15 every season.

So yeah. Swarm Druid is good y'all.

Crinos

Validated User

Sooo, this is happening.

1) New PVE content: The League of EVIL vs. Blackrock mountain

2) New Tavern brawl: If you lose the game, your next match has a copy of your opponents deck.

3) Special fireside gathering with 15000 HP Ragnaros boss. And every time a boss is beaten they reveal a card from the next expansion.

Grantanz

Validated User
I went 8-0 with Dr Boom in my first Brawl adventure. The 'fill your board with Boom Bots' card was invaluable.

Crinos

Validated User
We got two new cards!

Nice hard removal on the downside it fills your deck with 1/1 demons (Which can actually be good for Warlocks in some cases, especially if you are trying to pad your deck).

I imagine in a few expansions Shaman will get a tornado mass board clear, and someone's dream of making a disaster movie shaman deck will be realized (except of course meteor is already a mage card).

Crinos

Validated User
I went 8-0 with Dr Boom in my first Brawl adventure. The 'fill your board with Boom Bots' card was invaluable.
Regarding that, I Lost against Garr with my first try as rogue, won with Warrior, lost on the final round with Priest, and just now won with Shaman.

Here's the rundown of the four decks and what they start with.

*Rogue has the *Get a random class card* Hero power and starts with bag of coins in deck.
*Warrior starts with the bomb shuffling hero power (which has been upgraded so it puts actual 5 damage bombs) and Booms Box as a treasure.
*Priest has the soothe hero power (-2 to a minion for a turn) and has the amulet of domination (2 mana spell that gives you control of a minion and puts it in your deck from then on)
*Shaman has the evolve hero power, and starts with the stargazing passive which reduces it to 1 mana and lets you use it once a turn. It also has the duplitransmogrifier spell in it (the one that replaces your entire deck with one minion from then on.)

Of the four, I think Priest is definitely the weakest while Warrior and Shaman are the strongest.

Also, if you need an incentive to keep playing besides the card revealed if we clear 25 million bosses, please note you can use this to complete quests since its technically a Tavern brawl.

edit: Also, the Nefarian fight is hilarious now because they didn't bother to rebalance his deck from the Black rock round one fight (where he starts with 10 mana and you get cards from Ragnaros to help even the odds), and since he's always a mana down because he's using his hero power, most of the time he's just gonna accidentally mill himself.

Last edited:

flashedarling

Validated User
This brawl is pretty fun, although I found an interesting edge case. I don't know if this is a bug but Vaelastrasz managed to kill both himself and me at the same time using his hero power. For some reason rather than restart me from the beginning I got the chance to restart the Vaelastrasz fight. I guess the game does count draws?

MeMeMe

Validated User
Yes, in single player mode, when you draw, it's as if that game didnt happen for progress. You get to play it again.
I wonder if in modes where you can have different opponents at the same level, like Dalaran Heist, you have to play the same boss again or you can get a different one?

Crinos

Validated User
We got new cards.

I got nothing to say. except.....BEEES.

BEEEEEEEEEEES.

So yeah. Bees.

Top Bottom