• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Hearthstone VI: I want to stab the darkness

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Yeah, the Paladin quest is way stronger than it seems on paper.

I had an 80 gold quest yesterday, so I challenged a friend, who borrowed my Paladin quest deck. He totally stomped me because he kept making copy of his reborn taunts. Between that and all the life gain that deck runs, he ended the game with a full board and 30 Health. It was amazing.

Crinos

Validated User
So, my Paladin deck vs. a Reno mage.

My previous turn I High Priest Therkal, then I play Kangor, Mummy him, and use two flash of lights to heal back to full health.

Then my opponent Alexstraza's me.

Then my opponent attacks into the two Kangors with minions to kill them.

Reminded that Kangor has lifesteal. And with two of them on board, attacking into them doesn't work out so good. So I'm back to full health. Again.

I end that game with both of us deep in fatigue. I got no minions left thanks to multiple flame wards. But because I kept my health high and Therkal I was able to end the game at full health with armor to spare.

Crinos

Validated User
Paladin Deck has gotten me to rank 13.

My last opponent was a mage who conjured calling a Mountain Giant with Khadgar out and only got giants while I had a board full of robosaurs. So they conceded.

very fun deck.

Crinos

Validated User
So, playing with my quest rogue deck, and I just encountered something really interesting.

You know the Murloc Paladin deck making the rounds? The one that uses Prismatic Lens to cheap out tip the scales? Well I encountered one of those with a twist: They also run Chef Nomi for when they eventually run themselves out of cards.

I mean it didn't help them, because I got a Shriek of Hench clan Burglar so I was able to take down their initial Murloc swarm easily, and they never really recovered, but I was expecting a last minute Zephrys, and instead I get a Panda and his elemental friends.

So points for originality at least.

Also, its fun playing against Paladins with quest rogue because if you get Sound the bells, it pretty much guarantees you can complete the quest instantly because the echoes count as cards for the quest.

Crinos

Validated User
So, I made a new Warlock deck.

### Plot Twist Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (1) Supreme Archaeology
# 2x (2) Plot Twist
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 1x (3) Augmented Elekk
# 2x (4) Hellfire
# 2x (4) Impbalming
# 2x (4) Portal Keeper
# 1x (5) Dollmaster Dorian
# 2x (5) Rotten Applebaum
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Aranasi Broodmother
# 1x (6) Dr. Morrigan
# 2x (6) Khartut Defender
# 1x (7) Arch-Villain Rafaam
# 1x (7) Lord Godfrey
# 1x (8) Fel Lord Betrug
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 2x (12) Mountain Giant
#
AAECAfqUAwjC8QKc+ALN/AKggAP1gAOXlwOJnQProwML2wa2B+EHxAjF8wLalgPamwPjmwOhoQOypQO7pQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I've only tried it twice. Pretty standard plot twist for the most part, although I have added my own flourishes (Namely Portal Keepers to help the quest and to pad out the deck size). I've had two matches with it. One against Reno Paladin (Lost after a hard fought battle) and Reno Mage (Won, mainly because after I rafaamed I Talanjied out a full board, then finished off with Dinotamer Brann for zero mana). It was annoying because they alexstrazaed me at one point, So I had to delay rafaaming a few turns to play some Rotten Applebaums to not die. But I got there eventually.

Crinos

Validated User
I'm actually quite surprised I haven't encountered all that many bomb warriors on ladder lately. I think I've seen a grand total of one since the new expansion dropped.

Most of the warriors I have seen are control/fatigue warriors which run Elisiyana.

I mean, I was expecting at least a few people to flood ladder with bomb warriors as a way to troll people trying the new brand of reno decks, but that really didn't happen.

Crinos

Validated User
In any case, my plot twist deck has reached rank 12 on ladder. Pretty sure that's a personal best for me.

I'm surprised there aren't more people playing warlock right now. At the moment I seem to be the only one.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
Nah, it's too early in the meta for people to try countering highlander decks with Bomb Warrior. Wait for things to settle; everyone's trying out novel weird decks right now. Then, if highlander decks are a significant force, the bomb warriors will probably come out.

Grumpygoat

Validated User
I'm mostly sticking with Bomb Warrior because I want to see how the meta will settle out before crafting anything. The adventure last expansion drained a lot of my gold and I also wound up blowing through a lot of dust ultimately because I kept getting quests for classes I didn't really have decks for, and the Brawls weren't coughing up the option to play those classes, which is my usual go-to.

Top Bottom