• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Hearthstone VI: I want to stab the darkness

Bobaloo

New World Man
Validated User
I usually wait to do any crafting as well. I'm sticking with Token Druid in Std which worked great as a lot of the new quests are very slow to get started so I could take advantage, but as the got tuned over the course of the week, I struggled. Moved over to Wild the last couple days where I play Jade Druid or Reno Priest mostly. (Also played some Whizbang on Saturday morning, tho.)

A personal limitation is that I play very casually, but am still trying to go golden in every class. Thus, I'm basically ignoring more than half of my options at this point. Druid (351 ranked wins), Rogue (215), Priest (195), and Warrior (164) are what I have left.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
So apparently the Wild combo du jour is again Druid (and again countered by Geist): Linecracker, Bees, and Earthen Scales. Cast Bees on your own Linecracker (I think you Thaurissan to fit two Bees into one turn) to double its attack eight times, then cast Earthen Scales and gain an absurd amount of armor. Enough armor that you can just ride out the rest of the game to fatigue while doing practically nothing.

enoto

E, not O.
Validated User
Lol yes, I imagine you could go a long way on 1281 armor. That's hilarious.

Secret Hunter - I went on an almost uninterrupted streak from 10 to 5. 5 is more of a challenge, I'm almost exactly at 50% there so I'm not making much progress. Zephrys is so, so good.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Speaking of hunter. I had a Warlock quest earlier today, and I went up against a secret Hunter using Zuljin. They had lethal, but decided to BM me a bit and let me live a turn.

This allowed me to get enough time to heal up a bit, then play Rafaam, then draw into Nozari with my hero power (actually no no, draw into TWO Nozari because I had an Archmage Arugal out. So once I healed up to 30 he insta conceded.

Never BM kids.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Yeah, in this context it means you have lethal, but you deliberately let your opponent live so you can continue toying with them.

Of course the golden rule of Hearthstone is that it isn't over till its over. Especially when you have a deck full of random legendaries and you can pull them for zero mana once per turn.

Grumpygoat

Validated User
Nobody should be a jerk, period, but it's especially dumb when someone isn't on the exact turn that they're going to win. Because one of two things can happen:

1) Your opponent beats you. It's always immensely satisfying for someone to say "Thank you" because they think they're about to win, then proceed to stomp them.

2) It gives someone multiple turns to act like a jerk right back. The moment someone's an asshole to me, but I think they're going to win, I start roping. Every. Single. Turn. There is exactly zero upside to acting like an asshole. Scratch that - there's negative upside to acting like an asshole. I would rather deny my opponent another game (or two or three) than quickly move onto my next game if my opponent gives me any needless shit.

Bobaloo

New World Man
Validated User
2) It gives someone multiple turns to act like a jerk right back. The moment someone's an asshole to me, but I think they're going to win, I start roping. Every. Single. Turn. There is exactly zero upside to acting like an asshole. Scratch that - there's negative upside to acting like an asshole. I would rather deny my opponent another game (or two or three) than quickly move onto my next game if my opponent gives me any needless shit.
I do the same. Further, I actually play a lot of aggro decks typically, but I'm not a total moron. I can tell when I've run out of gas and my opponent has me locked down. But if they "well played" me on turn 8 while I'm still near full life - they're going to take some extra time to win that game.

However, I've also taken to Squelch opponent at the start of nearly every game no matter what, so I don't encounter this as often anymore.

MeMeMe

Validated User
I use an autosquelch plugin for Hearthstone Deck Tracker, so i never see emotes except from friends.

Top Bottom