• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Hearthstone VI: I want to stab the darkness

Grumpygoat

Validated User
I squelch after the first blip of shittiness. I don't squelch at the beginning of a match in part to gauge if someone's a shithead and play accordingly.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
Do people interpret emotes non-sarcastically anymore? I sincerely hit “Well Played” when I see my opponent do something clever and I worry that it’s misinterpreted as BMing.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Do people interpret emotes non-sarcastically anymore? I sincerely hit “Well Played” when I see my opponent do something clever and I worry that it’s misinterpreted as BMing.
The problem is that most of the emotes are said in the smuggest, most insincere voice ever.

I mean any of Jaina's emotes are basically nails on a chalkboard to me at this point. Even her waiting around emotes (Which you can't squelch.)

Every time I hear her go "What to do, what to do," I want to put my fist through a monitor.

Plumy Namesake

Social Justice Commoner
Validated User
I assume sincerity and good faith. There are literally zero downsides :)

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Saved up a thousand gold to snag ten more packs.

0 Legendaries, 1 Epic.

Went to disenchant the dupes, to see how it did overall from 50 cards drawn.

Keep in mind, I'm nowhere near a full set of commons, let alone rares.

Total dupes out of 50 cards?

35 commons
6 rares

Which means I gained a total of 9 cards in 10 packs.

I am *bad* at pulls.

MeMeMe

Validated User
Depending on how many packs you have opened, that could be perfectly average. I opened 5 packs a couple days ago, and got 3 new cards, all common.

After a while you have most of the commons and rares, and since most packs are just rares and commons, most packs will give only dust.

MeMeMe

Validated User
That's plenty to see this happen - between 50-80 packs is where you reach that saturation point where you have the vast majority of the commons and most of the rares, so nearly everything you draw is a dupe.

I normally stop opening packs after my last legendary once i get close to 80, and start crafting things. Any gold after this point is saved for the next expansion.

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
That's plenty to see this happen - between 50-80 packs is where you reach that saturation point where you have the vast majority of the commons and most of the rares, so nearly everything you draw is a dupe.

I normally stop opening packs after my last legendary once i get close to 80, and start crafting things. Any gold after this point is saved for the next expansion.
At this time, I don't have a full set of commons and I'm... I'd have to check. 30? rares away from a set.

(edit)

Went to check:

Still need 4 common and 14 Rare at this point.

Last edited:

MeMeMe

Validated User
Remember there's 72 total rares, so you only have a 14/72 (roughly 1-in-5) chance to get a new rare on any rare draw. So the vast majority of your draws are going to be cards you already have.

For the record, I've opened 82 packs, and am missing 1 common and 11 rare.

Top Bottom