• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Hearts of Wulin, a new wuxia rpg

Weisenheim

Baroque Space Orc Mage
Validated User
Hearts of Wulin went up on Kickstarter close to an hour ago and just funded as I write this. It's based on Apocalypse World and approaches wuxia from a (melo)dramatic angle. And the first stretch goal is for including more supernatural and magic stuff.

Been pretty hype for this since I heard about it recently so I was waiting as patiently as I could for this project to go live and basically kept hitting the refresh button until the project was up.

I am more into xianxia and xuanhuan, which are related but not the same, so I'm hoping the stretch goal covers some of that ground. That being said, I think this might get me looking at wuxia specifically.

Argent

Anywhere... just not here
Validated User
I have been waiting for this to KS since I heard about it (and looked at the great playtest rules)! Off I GO!

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
A new wuxia game, you say? *strokes beard*

If anybody else is looking for the playtest rules, they can be found here.

Weisenheim

Baroque Space Orc Mage
Validated User
First stretch goal achieved and we're on the way toward the second one. The stretch goals revealed so far are looking good. I am hoping this project gets a lot of eyes on it and a lot of support from the community.

Black Flag

Dweller on the Threshold
Validated User
Yeah, I happened to see the title today, looked up the Kickstarter to see that it had just started today, and backed it. Not only is it auspicious that I heard about a Kickstarter so early, and that something like this funded in an hour, but it sounds like it might be the wuxia game I’ve been looking for. Not even trying to represent the specifics of the martial arts in the mechanics is a novel take, one that wouldn’t occur to most designers. Instead you can describe whatever, and the roll is about the outcome and consequences, what you’ve gained or lost.

I’m new to the PbtA world, so I look forward to hearing what more experienced sages think.

Argent

Anywhere... just not here
Validated User
I look forward to play out wuxia melodrama like, a lot. I might even need to get a PbP game going here on the boards or something,

ajdynon

Validated User
On one hand, I really like the sound of this. On the other hand, I'm trying to save money for a trip to Japan later in the year. Gonna be hard to decide whether to back this or not.

Top Bottom