• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Hearts of Wulin, a new wuxia rpg

Eilathen

Soul of the wild card
Validated User
I really liked Shadowless Sword! And yeah, Musa was fun...but if anything, that movie is awesome if you want to go for a spear fighter...ymmv and all that ;) :D

Weisenheim

Baroque Space Orc Mage
Validated User
San Francisco stretch goal is achieved. I'm pretty excited about all the stretch goals, to be honest. The new ones that got announced sound cool as well. I think melodramatic cyberpunk wuxia will appeal to some, and tweaking the game for France makes me think of Brotherhood of the Wolf. I don't know if that was an inspiration for the idea but I'm wanting to watch that movie again now.

Skywalker

Back Off the Buddha!
Validated User
Given that Hearts of Wulin has no connection to Legends of the Wulin, I doubt there will be any adaptation of mechanical elements.

I would expect there to be at least one new playbook for a Mystic to cover Exorcists, Taoist Magicians and the like. I would also expect also be some discussion of magic and supernatural creatures like ghosts, hopping vampires etc.

Weisenheim

Baroque Space Orc Mage
Validated User
The only connection I've seen between Hearts of Wulin and Legends of the Wulin is that one of the authors is a fan of LotW.

Black Flag

Dweller on the Threshold
Validated User
There is some shared game terminology with Entanglements etc. That’s an English word that fits the context, but it’s also probably a nod to Legends. There may be more.

The way things work will be completely different, of course. Also, I expect that what Legends represents with the Secret Arts will be represented by some combination of general and playbook-specific moves in Hearts. Or just pure narration. The main point of the Secret Arts in Legends was to have a way to manipulate Conditions, which aren’t a thing in Hearts, though there are ways to wound and cure a character’s elemental stats.

Argent

Anywhere... just not here
Validated User
The only connection I've seen between Hearts of Wulin and Legends of the Wulin is that one of the authors is a fan of LotW.
Two! :)
Both me and Arik have backed it and are looking forward to it, in fact.

Weisenheim

Baroque Space Orc Mage
Validated User
Getting closer to that Joseon Korea stretch goal, which means that the cyberpunk and France goals are more in sight as well.

I'm not a Facebook user and barely a Twitter user so the social media stretch goals aren't really for me, but I expect this is the kind of stuff that catches people's attention. And I know when I was looking at Twitter for info on when this project would finally start, I ran into several people who were boosting it beforehand.. so I figure these initial social media goals aren't going to be that difficult to hit. I'm curious what other social media stretch goals they have in mind.

Top Bottom