• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Heavy Gear- North/South unit equivalents

Samaritan

One of the good guys.
Validated User
So, I’m trying to remember- North and South forces tend to have a certain meta-game balance in that they deploy units often ‘in answer to’ the other army fielding something, or steal plans for something and reverse engineer their own version, etc.

I’m also, frankly, trying to keep a semblance of ‘army equality’ in the recent HG Kickstarter that funded as I try to figure out how to spend a few extra bucks in the pledge manager… so… can anybody confirm that the list of equivalents below is about right?

NORTH – SOUTH
Hunter - Jager
Jaguar - Black Mamba
Grizzly - Spitting Cobra
Cheetah - Iguana
Tiger - Sidewinder
Ferret - ??
Kodiak - King Cobra

Last edited:

Marc A. Vezina

Lapsed Industry Veteran
Validated User
The Ferret doesn't have a direct equivalent in the South. If you're looking for a cheap or fast Southern scout that's not an Iguana, you could use an Asp, or a Dartjager.

The rest is correct.

Albertorius

Validated User
The Ferret doesn't have a direct equivalent in the South. If you're looking for a cheap or fast Southern scout that's not an Iguana, you could use an Asp, or a Dartjager.

The rest is correct.
Right from the horse's mouth ^^.

That said, if you're going for a design released around the same time (early TN1800s), I'd say the Anolis would be the design you're looking for, even though they are not really equivalent (for starters, the Anolis kinda was a complete disaster ^^).

Even then, I've always equated the Anolis with the Bobcat and the Ferret with the Basilisk/Silverscale, myself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom