🎨 Creative Help Me Build A Comic Book Universe

NautilusComics

"Insert Famous Quote Here!"
Validated User
I know right!
I have an idea for a canadian hero: A native american, through some weird experiment, obtains the ability of electromagnetism.
That actually sounds pretty cool. Certainly a lot different from the "animal totem" motif all native American heroes seem to be associated with πŸ™‚

mangekko

Validated User
That actually sounds pretty cool. Certainly a lot different from the "animal totem" motif all native American heroes seem to be associated with πŸ™‚
I got the idea from Nelvana of the Northern Lights, one of these characters. Her powers includes disrupting radio frequencies I think. True, if it has any accuracy to actual mythologies, it's become overused and warped.

NautilusComics

Validated User
I got the idea from Nelvana of the Northern Lights, one of these characters. Her powers includes disrupting radio frequencies I think. True, if it has any accuracy to actual mythologies, it's become overused and warped.
Nelvana of the Northern Lights.... Sounds very familiar. Did she appear before or after Wonder Woman?

NautilusComics

Validated User
before Wonder Woman. The canadian animation company was named after her.
Ah, now I remember. I have a book called the "League Of Regrettable Superheroes" which is about all sorts of wacky or otherwise forgotten by the public and I remember reading Nelvana in it.
Wait... Is she also public domain? If so, maybe I could use her in my series πŸ˜€

mangekko

Validated User
Ah, now I remember. I have a book called the "League Of Regrettable Superheroes" which is about all sorts of wacky or otherwise forgotten by the public and I remember reading Nelvana in it.
Wait... Is she also public domain? If so, maybe I could use her in my series πŸ˜€
No idea, but I think Ivan Kocmarek might know. He writes the Whites Tsunami, Weca Splashes column and would probably know this since he's the expert on this. If you canit, an expy could be suffice. Are you making an officially published thing?

also a link to where you can buy her stories: http://bedsidepress.com/product/nelvana-of-the-northern-lights-pdf/

NautilusComics

Validated User

mangekko

Validated User
I agree πŸ˜€.
Have you got any other ideas for my comic book universe? I'd love to hear them!
Ok, going by Earthwatch being an international team and golden/silver age weirdness. Do other countries take part as well in the weirdness? It feels as if you could reconstruct that kind of thing by taking it out or the american centric and white dude heavy stuff from that era and apply it to other ethnicities and countries. Maybe a variation on many manga and BD characters.

Also have you ever thought about afro futurism?

Top Bottom