๐ŸŽจ Creative Help Me Build A Comic Book Universe

NautilusComics

"Insert Famous Quote Here!"
Validated User
Ok, going by Earthwatch being an international team and golden/silver age weirdness. Do other countries take part as well in the weirdness? It feels as if you could reconstruct that kind of thing by taking it out or the american centric and white dude heavy stuff from that era and apply it to other ethnicities and countries. Maybe a variation on many manga and BD characters.

Also have you ever thought about afro futurism?
1.) Definitely, Earthwatch is a collection of superheroes from all around the globe, from America to New Zealand.
2.) No but I'd love to hear more!

mangekko

Validated User
1.) Good, I think you should follow that theme and show how other countries deal wit the weirdness.
2.) I'm white so I'm Probably the last guy to talk about it. My understanding is that it's Sci-fi dealing with black history stuff. But I know tv tropes and wikipedia have articles on it and would explain it better.

torbenm

Validated User
Placing a space program in the Arctic makes little sense, as it requires more energy to get things in orbit (or beyond) the farther you are from the Equator. That is why Russia launches its rockets from Kazakstan, which is about as far south as the USSR had territory and why the US located its main launch site in Florida. It would make more sense to say that Russia had acquired Nauru or some other equatorial pacific island during WW2 and uses this as their space centre. Or just that they kept using Baikunur.

NautilusComics

Validated User
Placing a space program in the Arctic makes little sense, as it requires more energy to get things in orbit (or beyond) the farther you are from the Equator. That is why Russia launches its rockets from Kazakstan, which is about as far south as the USSR had territory and why the US located its main launch site in Florida. It would make more sense to say that Russia had acquired Nauru or some other equatorial pacific island during WW2 and uses this as their space centre. Or just that they kept using Baikunur.
Thanks for the input, my friend. I might change that to Baikunur ๐Ÿ˜€

mangekko

Validated User
That's fair. But to play devil's advocate here, since I presume Nautilus is using comic book superhero logic and since he's using golden and silver age wackiness (and science I presume). Then it would be logical to assume that they could have discovered a work around due to an invention, compound, energy or whatever being discovered every other week that would allow them to pull off an Arctic spaceport.

NautilusComics

Validated User
That's fair. But to play devil's advocate here, since I presume Nautilus is using comic book superhero logic and since he's using golden and silver age wackiness (and science I presume). Then it would be logical to assume that they could have discovered a work around due to an invention, compound, energy or whatever being discovered every other week that would allow them to pull off an Arctic spaceport.
That's exactly what I mean. The Nautilus Comics Universe is meant to be in a style of the Golden/Silver age of comics with all the wackiness it had. While I do like the real-life science torbenm had, (btw you learn something new every day ๐Ÿ˜€) bear in mind that this is a world where the impossible can become possible.

mangekko

Validated User
That's exactly what I mean. The Nautilus Comics Universe is meant to be in a style of the Golden/Silver age of comics with all the wackiness it had. While I do like the real-life science torbenm had, (btw you learn something new every day ๐Ÿ˜€) bear in mind that this is a world where the impossible can become possible.[/QUOTEI think an example would be the Zeta beams from adam Strange. He's a DC character and through some strange science stuff.
https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Zeta-Beam

RobertEdwards

Validated User
Earth Magnetic field focused at the north and south poles. Or some such nonsense.

Top Bottom