IC Hero Wars

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
"I imagine what we're looking for will be hidden behind that screen, though given what we've seen so far it would not surprise me to find more evil hiding in what's left of this village."
 

oakfed

Registered User
Validated User
"Looks that way to me, too," Ghareen said. "We're going to have to go in there."

He looked at Dora. "You want to come with us, or wait for us to come back?"
 

Raveled

Hail Tzeentch!
Validated User
OOC: S stinkyfool , you can be sure there is something waiting in the village. It's simply too quiet -- there's bodies in the open but no vultures, no crows, no badgers, no wild alynxes or wolves. No scavengers at all. Something about the sharper animal senses must be warning them away.

Dromio Dromio , if you were to set an ambush you would do it near the screen. With the cliff-face at one's back there would be no place for an enemy to run away and escape.


Dora's face was pale and she swallowed heavily as she looked down at the scene of devastation. "I don't want to go down there," she said, "but I think I have to." She looked around at the group of Heroes. "Can't you feel it? There's something down there, something that... I know there's something I have to do down there."
 

Dromio

Registered User
Validated User
"I agree with Serzeen: we should head to that screen. But quietly and carefully. We can try and trap any foes between us and the cliff."
 

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
"Better to avoid them altogether, but I doubt that waiting will improve our odds. We should go now."
 

oakfed

Registered User
Validated User
Can't you feel it? There's something down there, something that..."
"Something unnatural," Ghareen extrapolated. "And none too friendly." He sighed. "Well, there's always a way in to a place. It's the getting out with all your limbs intact that's been the problem for me from time to time."
 

stinkyfool

Registered User
Validated User
Surrak nods quietly, staying almost completely still as he looks into the town. He whispers quietly, "There is something in there. I don't know what, but it's enough to drive all the natural life away."
 

oakfed

Registered User
Validated User
"We could wait for night, maybe - don't see any other way they won't see us coming. But if it's a magical thing, darkness might not hide us anyway."
 

Raveled

Hail Tzeentch!
Validated User
The Heroes descended towards the deserted, desecrated village, weapons in hand and tensions up. Smoke and silence swirled around them as they approached up the only path that qualified for the name "road." All around there were ruined homes and outbuildings and depositories, their open doors and broken windows like bloody, gaping jaws. At the end of the path was the huge leather screen; as they grew closer to it certain details became obvious. The stitching followed curving, almost graceful lines, and there were plenty of spots of fur left on in odd places. As the Heroes scrutinized it further they realized that it wasn't fur, it was hair; that this wasn't animal skin, but human skin; and that the stitching was in shape of runes of madness and Chaos.

OOC: Attack vs MD: 1d20+5 21
Well the dice are against you with that one. Pretty sure that beats everyone's mental defense. The party is now vulnerable as long as that screen is intact.


A rising shriek came from the ruined buildings all around and the Heroes circled around as a cadre of hideous Broos leapt out from hiding! Several of the horrid beast-men were the expected abomination of men with the heads of goats on them, but one sported a head with dripping chelicerae of a scorpion, and one arm ended in a bulbous, stinger-tipped venom sac. Behind the line of warped monsters was a bent-backed broo with what looked like a twisted, withered tree growing from its spine. It cackled madly and began dancing and chanting in its hideous bastard tongue.

OOC: Into combat! Initiative is Ghareen & Kauri --> Scorpion broo -- Varanis --> Mook broos --> Serzeen & Surrak --> Shaman broo. If you want to engage the shaman broo or attack the screen, you're going to have to move past/through the mook horde and take an opportunity attack.

Escalation die is 0.
 

Dromio

Registered User
Validated User
Kauri whistles softly under his breath. That sheet needs to come down NOW.

OOC: I have an ability called Wind Step that allows me to use a quick action as a move action. Using that might mean that I can, moving at double speed, take a route to the sheet that minimizes or eliminates attacks of opportunity. If it will, I'll do it, but If the double speed won't help, I'll hold off on using Wind Step. Either way I'm going for the sheet, AoO's or not; removing its effect on the party must be prioritized IMO).

Once at the sheet (if he makes it) Kauri will do whatever seems appropriate: cut down whatever is holding it up, tip it over if it's in some sort of frame, or simply slash the hell (perhaps literally) out of it.

Out damned spot! Attack roll against the sheet:
1d20+5: 22 [1d20=17]
1d6+3: 9 [1d6=6]
That most likely hits, and for max damage (9).

Because I rolled a 16+ Kauri takes a Deep Breath, which allows him to choose an exploit to use at some point in the battle (probably soon).

On the soft whistling exhale Kauri blurs toward the sheet.
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom