[HEROCLIX] Heroclix STAR TREK Mini Game Coming out for Xmas!

Hughborg

Retired User
Original story from... http://trekmovie.com/2010/06/08/heroclix-star-trek-collectible-miniature-game-coming-this-christmas

press release

WIZKIDS/NECA ANNOUNCES AGREEMENT WITH CBS CONSUMER PRODUCTS TO DEVELOP STAR TREK® GAMES

[Jun 8, 2010] (Hillside, NJ) – WizKids/NECA and CBS Consumer Products today announced that they have entered into an agreement wherein WizKids/NECA will create HeroClix branded games to be sold both physically and digitally, set in the Star Trek universe, including all of the Star Trek television shows and Star Trek feature films.

“Star Trek changed the way people think about the future,” said WizKids/NECA President Lax Chandra. “We are thrilled at the opportunity to marry our innovative game design and exceptional miniatures with the incredibly rich Star Trek franchise. We believe HeroClix and the Star Trek Universe are ideally suited for cooperative gaming and table top miniature simulation and will speak to gamers in a new and compelling way.”

The first WizKids/NECA Star Trek game will release around Christmas, 2010 with additional expansions to follow.
OK, now I don't know if it'll be a tactical game, or a starship combat game (my guess is they'll do both), but either way, this makes me want to squee! :D

Thoughts?

Phigment

Faceless Handle
Validated User
Now we can finally settle the greatest question of our times: Who would win in a fight between Montgomery Scott and Miles O'Brian?

Thalaric

Eye of the Storm
Validated User
Hrm, if one of the game released is a starship battles game, that could be a good source of prepainted minis for SFB / FedCom...

CADmonkey

Validated User
OK, now I don't know if it'll be a tactical game, or a starship combat game (my guess is they'll do both),
If it's just a heroclix supplement, I would expect a bunch of character figures and no ships. Which would be too bad for me, I'd gladly buy Star Trek ship mini's from wizkids just to rip them off their clicky-bases and use them with rules like Full Thrust. And of course, it would be a great opportunity for me to dust off my Ricardo Montalban impression:

"To the last, I will grapple with thee...
from Hell's heart, I stab at thee!
For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!"

If it's just a heroclix supplement, I would expect a bunch of character figures and no ships. Which would be too bad for me, I'd gladly buy Star Trek ship mini's from wizkids just to rip them off their clicky-bases and use them with rules like Full Thrust. And of course, it would be a great opportunity for me to dust off my Ricardo Montalban impression:

"To the last, I will grapple with thee...
from Hell's heart, I stab at thee!
For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!"
Hey there - Justin from WizKids Games. THere are 2 incarnations of game.

1: A Ship to Ship combat game - Pre-painted plastic minis where 2 players play head to head. It will use the HeroClix combat dial to track HPs, attack, damage, etc. Ship figures will not play with Marvel or DC characters though :(

2: A co-op euro style strategy game where you will play 1 of the ST crew and work with others to complete missions, just like the movies/TV shows. Again, the HeroClix dial will be used to track stats (skills in the case of the co-op game).

Hope that clarifies things.

BTW - I saw some of the digital sculpts for the ships and they look really good.

Ratman_tf

W.A.R.P.
Validated User

1: A Ship to Ship combat game - Pre-painted plastic minis where 2 players play head to head. It will use the HeroClix combat dial to track HPs, attack, damage, etc. Ship figures will not play with Marvel or DC characters though :(

2: A co-op euro style strategy game where you will play 1 of the ST crew and work with others to complete missions, just like the movies/TV shows. Again, the HeroClix dial will be used to track stats (skills in the case of the co-op game).

BTW - I saw some of the digital sculpts for the ships and they look really good.
That sounds really interesting.

VRex

I can do this all day
Validated User

SO AWESOME! (for my inner fanboy)
SO BAD! (for my bank account!)
How many booster boxes do I get for each pint of blood?

Top Bottom