• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Heroes of the Storm thread II: I AM MAL'GANIS, I AM ETERNAL

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Playing Qhira, I'm kinda getting a sense she's OP. She wins a duel against almost anyone, she's fantastic at teamfights, and a reasonable solo laner at the same time.

I suspect some part of her will have the numbers adjusted downward.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
As a general rule, MOBA characters are usually overpowered when they are initiallty released because it helps push the new hero and get everyone to buy them. They usually get nerfed down to more reasonable levels when the hype dies down.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
As a general rule, MOBA characters are usually overpowered when they are initiallty released because it helps push the new hero and get everyone to buy them. They usually get nerfed down to more reasonable levels when the hype dies down.
Yea, I heard this happening with some past heroes like Johanna. The last few have been fine- Qhira seems so consistently good at everything that she's definitely stronger than the ones that have been added since I've joined, which to be fair, is just a small handful.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
I don't think that's a general rule, just how odds work, plus selection bias glossing over characters underpowered on release.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's kinda interesting how which heroes I end up playing often being different than the ones I thought.

Zeratul has become easily my fav stealth hero. Between high burst (with ability to adjust between burst and sustain via talents) and his early-game 'after every clash I need to run and heal' to 13+ 'I'll 1v1 any of you since I heal when I hit, and I can take any camp on my own' satisfying progression. He's versatile but fragile-at-first, which is really fun.

I only bought him recently and he's blow past characters like Xul and Fenix in amount played, who I figured would be mains when I got them (Xul for his zombies, catching foes, and also ease of camps, Fenix for waveclear, self-regen, and teleport shenanigans) but are a bit straightforward in their play styles.

Top Bottom