IC [HomebrewSupers] Zero Day

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ramona sighs with frustration. Victor's family wanting to keep the autopsy secret seemed fishy though, so she grabbed those records ... and paused, trying to figure out if the records being public would make things better or worse. She really wouldn't know until they'd done the autopsy. She withdraw from the system, figuring she could do another fishing trip after they completed the autopsy--the date and time of which she makes note of.

She drums her fingers on her desk, thinking about what to do next--and then goes looking for any plans or proposals the FBI has to deal with superhumans. She suspects they're still scrambling to make sense of the situation, but if they have any horrible ideas on the table, she can leak those in an effort to help stop those plans.

Stattick

Electronic Thing
Validated User
"We definitely don't want to attempt anything like that," Alex agrees. "There's nothing the two of us could do about this directly. We just have to be ready for the potential fallout. Maybe make connections with other people like us. There's strength in numbers. If hate groups or worse get riled up against people with powers then it would be good for us to watch each other's backs."
"You're right. There's not a lot that only two of us can do. Maybe I should put finding the Fire-Woman from the homeless camp on the back burner. There was a cop that's one of us. Ran into him that first morning. You know how I feel about cops. That's probably why I didn't mention him before. Probably some part of me that wanted to stay as far away from him as I could. But there's a danger there in contacting him. He's an empath. Shit, for all I know, he might be a full on mind-reader. Anyhow, it'd be good to have an inside man with the cops, without me having to infiltrate...

"Who we really need, is that Kill Diary guy. If he's real, if he really did kill that sorry excuse for a president we had, we need to find him before the Feds do. Imagine having control over that kind of power. I don't trust the government to have that kind of power. Especially, I don't trust the new administration to get their hands on Kill Diary. The thing about him though, is he's either stupid or crazy, posting like that, on the net. And if he's crazy... if he's crazy, we're better off with him dead then as a puppet for a rabid government. And from what I've seen, the last Administration was certainly rabid. I don't expect the Veep's Admin to be less rabid. Just a different flavor of crazy, you know?"

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ramona

Right now the FBI is scrambling, and trying to figure out what they should be doing, and what division should be in charge, with various parties trying to claim jurisdiction to expand their fiefdoms. Nothing is really past the white paper phase. But they seem to making plans for a black site at a former military base in New Mexico, to put superhumans that are too dangerous to handle as a law enforcement issues. There are a lot of emails between attorneys trying to justify it under current laws, but they seem resigned that it may need to be extrajudicial. A few are arguing that in some cases it might be necessary to resort to summary execution.

Craig and Alex

Craig
hasn't gotten many leads on Fire-Woman, but word on the street it that someone found three charred corpses in Union Square Park early yesterday morning. The homeless folk had been being attacked there at night the last few weeks, probably by some guys looking for a thrill.

Last edited:

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ramona takes all the various white papers and proposals in circulation and sends them to QuikkiLeaks and major news outlets such as the New York Tome, as well as lefty news sites she thinks are more likely to be willing to share leaked FBI files than the establishment hacks at the NYT. She sends it from the e-mail address of one of the agents arguing for summary execution, figuring that they deserve to get in trouble the most.

Fred

Surely you jest, Mr Fred
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tim concluded that he could combine helping others with finding information on new supers. Taking advantage of a delivery to a big law office, he soaks all the legal knowledge he can.

The next day, he drops by the local USCLU, the one most publicly handling the new supers cases, and volunteers as a "legal consultant". Even though he doesn't have a degree, his new "law skillz" should secure him a spot.

Top Bottom