• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [HomebrewSupers] Zero Day

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Ramona failed to notice something.
 

Fred

Surely you jest, Mr Fred
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Clancy hugs Tim back. "Talk... Yeah, I... I need to talk, sorry to put this on you."
"Dude, no, don't even say that! You're not putting anything on me. I wish... I wish I knew exactly what to say or do to help you."

He sits down again. "I just... I just don't what to do, or where to go? I mean, I don't want anyone... anyone else to get hurt because of me again. I can't hide... I can't... just disappear into the woods or something. I'm not bigfoot... Maybe I should just... walk into the ocean and see if I drown."
Tim's suddenly struck silent. No one had ever told him they wanted to kill themselves. He's at a loss for words for a few moments...

"Clancy, don't do that. I know things look bad now and you're feeling alone... But you're not. I know there are tons of people in New York... Hell, in the world, who feel lost, who don't know what to do with these powers... I... I know, because..." Tim looks both ways before continuing. "I'm one of them. Yeah, I'm 'super'," he says with air quotes.

"It's funny, at first, I thought I'd use my abilities as a super-hero with a conscience, you know, going after the system, balancing the scales. My original idea was a bit more spectacular than helping at the USCLU," Tim remembers, chuckling. It seemed so long ago, but it was just a few weeks. "In the end, I thought going small would be better, you know, rocking the boat just a little bit. I'm not so sure now..."

"And you're right, you didn't ask for this. I don't think anyone would blame you for wanting to leave, to isolate yourself... But then, 'they' win, right? They scare us into hiding, into not fighting back. And people still die. What if we did the opposite? What if we stood and said: not today, not ever?"

"Clancy, you're a symbol now, even if you don't want. And you had a great idea with the support group. But, maybe, in order to create that safe space, we need to, first, build something stronger, that can protect that core group. Maybe we need to go big. Call the other supers to join in... an association... or an organization... We need to unite. For our protection and others'."

"What do you say?"
 

Stattick

Electronic Thing
Validated User
As the two men close, the surge of adrenaline and fear causes Craig to unconsciously drop the pretense of being a junkie. He suddenly stands more upright and with purpose, legs spread a bit, and he raises his hands to defend himself.

Spoiler: Show
At this point, just trying to defend myself. Background, on the streets for 25 yrs: Defending Self: 4#1d6 3 1 5 4
 

The Watcher

Cosmic Observer
Validated User
Alex's phone rings. It's Craig's number.

When he answers, it's an unfamiliar man's voice. "Um, hi? Craig told me to call you. This, uh, Bob, Bob Mendelssohn, the uh, ex-cop he told you about. I think we found the Fire Woman, but there's a couple guys with bats and Craig's gone to stop them before she gets to them. He said you could help?"
“Yeah, I can,” Alex replies immediately despite his surprise of hearing a stranger’s voice. ‘Just tell me where you guys are and I’ll try to get there as fast as I can.”

While Bob relays their location Alex takes the opportunity to gate to the roof. From there he’ll try to get to where they are with one or more long distance “jumps.”
 

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Friday, May 3rd, 2019. Zero Day +14. Evening

Craig


OOC: You don't have to roll to defend yourself, they have to attack against your Background. I don't have rules for just defending, so I'll write some! If you choose to just defend, increase your rank by 1 (max 5, if already 5, reduce attacking ranks by 1 (minimum 2). They get Attack (Physical 3) vs Background 5: 2#1d6 1 4 and both miss (needed to roll over a 4).


The two bat-men look at Craig's attempt to defend himself with amusement.

They're less amused when he manages to evade their swings.

"I say Cliff, I think this fellow might be a ringer, not a the drugged out trash we thought."

"I think you might be correct, Harold. Do you think he fancies himself a hero, protecting the refuse of society from us?"

"That would be quite vexing, Cliff!"

A ruddy glow gets brighter in the alley behind them.

Bob whispers into the phone. "Hurry, I don't have my gun anymore, and I... I don't want to use my powers on them."

Alex

Alex jaunts across the city. Flicker. Jaunt. Flicker. Jaunt. Flicker. Jaunt. He sees a red glow emanating from an alley in the distance. He's close.

OOC: You'll arrive next round.


Tim

Clancy
speaks slowly. "You're... like me? Huh. Makes you think there's something... bigger behind this. Us just running into each other like this. I..."

He looks at his hands. "I killed that guy today. Walked up to him as he shot me. Reached out, grabbed his head. Squeezed. I was so scared, so angry, I didn't even think. I'm not sorry I killed him. I'm just... I'm just coming to terms with being a killer."

He looks at Tim. "Maybe you're right. Maybe I should be a symbol, a target. Draw out all the crazies. But I'm not sure what I do after that? Just... kill them? Beat them up and turn them over the police? I don't know about you, but I don't have a lot of faith in the police."

Saturday, May 4th, 2019. Zero Day +15. Morning

Ramona
parkours across the city, moving freely. It's exhilarating! It's liberating!

As she pauses on a rooftop to catch her breath, she feels like she's being watched.

The pigeons. There's about ten pigeons on the roof, all looking at her. Their head moving to follow her.
 

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ramona parkours across the city, moving freely. It's exhilarating! It's liberating!

As she pauses on a rooftop to catch her breath, she feels like she's being watched.

The pigeons. There's about ten pigeons on the roof, all looking at her. Their head moving to follow her.
Ramona almost pauses, but remembers to keep moving--she doesn't want to give away that she's noticed something odd. Someone with the ability to psychically interface with animals?, she asks herself. Another question was if they were someone merely curious, a creep ogling her, or someone who had somehow figured out she was a super and was tracking her for nefarious purposes. Or had mistaken parkour for superpowers. Or something else altogether. She decided to keep moving, to see if the pigeons followed her or other animals watched her. Once she had a better sense of what was going on, she might be able to figure out what, if anything, to do.
 

Stattick

Electronic Thing
Validated User
Craig notices the glow. She's here. That's all that's needed, let the cop and Alex find her. The bigger thing, is to keep the fire monster at bay.

Craig lets his instincts off the chain, and goes on the offense. With a bestial snarl, he blocks one of the bats with his forearm, and yanks it from the guy's grasp. The pain registers on some level, but merely driving him on toward violence. As the hairline fracture starts to knit itself whole, he screams, flailing wildly at the two with their own bat, taking them both on at the same time.

OOC: I think I did this right. Going wide to attack them both simultaneously. Attacking: 2#1d6 6 4
 

Fred

Surely you jest, Mr Fred
RPGnet Member
Validated User
He looks at his hands. "I killed that guy today. Walked up to him as he shot me. Reached out, grabbed his head. Squeezed. I was so scared, so angry, I didn't even think. I'm not sorry I killed him. I'm just... I'm just coming to terms with being a killer."
"Dude, I hear you. I can only imagine what's going through your head. In your place, I'd be freaking out..." Tim commiserates.

He looks at Tim. "Maybe you're right. Maybe I should be a symbol, a target. Draw out all the crazies. But I'm not sure what I do after that? Just... kill them? Beat them up and turn them over the police? I don't know about you, but I don't have a lot of faith in the police."
"Whoa. My idea is more symbol and less target. We have to inspire people, especially supers. It'll be easier to defend ourselves and influence the establishment if we are together. It's one thing to go after one of us if your are a crazy killer or the government, another if we're a group watching each other's backs. Safety in numbers and all that."

"It's the same thing you wanted before, but the 'support' in support group is broader. So, are you in?"
 

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Friday, May 3rd, 2019. Zero Day +14. Evening

Craig


OOC: OK! So from the description it looks like you're using your power (ignoring the injuries into order to fight back) and Going Wide. That means your power Rank drops from a 5 to a 4. The two thugs can only defend with their Physical 3. Since your Rank is still higher (and as a Power would have one the tie breaker priority check anyway), you inflict 1 Drama on each of them, no need to roll! They basically just normal people, so 1 Drama is enough to defeat them!


In a frenzied flurry of violence, Craig drops the two articulate thugs. They lie on the ground, still, but breathing. They'll probably need an ambulance.

The red glow from the alley starts to fade.

Bob runs over and hands Craig his phone back. He kneels and checks on the two men, to make sure there's no life threatening injuries. "Your friend is on the line, he said he was going to be here, fast."

Alex

Alex appears on the roof of a building overlooking the street and sees Craig and Bob and the two fallen thugs.

Tim

Clancy
holds his head with his hands. "Sure." He looks up, still miserable, but there's a spark of life in his eyes. He shakes Tim's hand. "I'm in. After all, if it doesn't work out, I can always try to kill myself later anyway."

Saturday, May 4th, 2019. Zero Day +15. Morning

Ramona


The pigeons fly off as Ramona moves on. But at the next building, there are more pigeons, watching her. They fly around and then land. In a pattern. Two letters. H. I.
 
Last edited:

Stattick

Electronic Thing
Validated User
OOC: Yeah, using my power and going wide. I believe my power is just a +4 though.
 
Top Bottom