OOC [HomebrewSupers] Zero Day

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
RULE UPDATE

My philosophy with the system is that it should be biased towards success (hence why a higher rank auto succeeds over a lower rank). However, I think in the case of a lower rank vs higher rank, the "Roll dice equal to your rank and try to roll over the opposing rank, add +1 if you roll any doubles) is a little too biased towards success, particularly for very low vs very high ranks. Under this system, a 3 rank vs a 4 rank has a 70% chance of success, before accounting for the probability of a double.

So, replace that with the following:

If your rank is lower than the task rank, subtract your rank from the task rank and add 2. Roll 1d6; if your roll higher than this number, you succeed. If it’s an attack in a fight, you make your target gain 1 Drama, or inflict some effect.

If the difference between your rank and the task rank is...You need to roll higher than this on 1d6

How do people feel about "Roll higher than this", i.e. if it's a 2, you need to roll a 3+, vs. "Roll equal to this or higher", i.e. if it's a 3, you need to roll 3+?

Last edited:

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I guess I don't feel like I have enough experience with either way of doing it to say one way or another. But I'm happy to try it the new way.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
How obvious is it that White Steel's hood is meant to be a KKK hood? Is it clearly a KKK hood or is he just wearing a white hoodie?

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's basically a pillowcase with eyeholes. A wet one now. He didn't have a lot of time to work on his costume.

Top Bottom