• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Horror Movie Recommendations

The Discerning Gentleman

Has Transcended
Validated User
It was alright. It never really showed the entities that were causing the problems (other than some sketches a character had). I'm not sure if I can even say it was entirely different, as they may have branched the concept from The Quiet Place, except, instead of not making sounds, the people in Bird Box can't open their eyes, or it spells disasters (in most cases). I think I can get away with saying that and not spoil anything.

Voros

Validated User
It usually implies sexual violence, that is certainly true of The Woman, which is quite good.

I saw Hagazussa on Shudder. A slow but intense art/horror film with a very psychedelic and transgressive third act.

NoOneImportant

Validated User
It was alright. It never really showed the entities that were causing the problems (other than some sketches a character had). I'm not sure if I can even say it was entirely different, as they may have branched the concept from The Quiet Place, except, instead of not making sounds, the people in Bird Box can't open their eyes, or it spells disasters (in most cases). I think I can get away with saying that and not spoil anything.
I think the novel by Josh Malerman predates A Quiet Place by a few years.

Top Bottom