• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Horror Movie Recommendations

bhu

Professional Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Burrowers
Dead Birds
Grim Prairie Tales
High Plains Drifter
Ravenous
Westworld
The White Buffalo

bhu

Professional Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
High Plains Drifter is a more normal western but it's assumed one of the protagonists is a ghost.

bhu

Professional Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Which is the most unnerving? And isn't Westworld a TV show?
It's a tv show based off an old 70's movie based off a Michael Crichton novel. The Burrowers is a cosmic horror film, Grim Prairie Tales is an anthology, Ravenous is also black comedy. Dead Birds is unnerving, but the author is one of those guys who never spells things out so much as subtly implies them. White Buffalo is about a killer buffalo (it's an old Charles Bronson movie).

The Discerning Gentleman

Has Transcended
Validated User
It's a tv show based off an old 70's movie based off a Michael Crichton novel. The Burrowers is a cosmic horror film, Grim Prairie Tales is an anthology, Ravenous is also black comedy. Dead Birds is unnerving, but the author is one of those guys who never spells things out so much as subtly implies them. White Buffalo is about a killer buffalo (it's an old Charles Bronson movie).
Watched the trailer for Dead Birds. Looks like something I'd be interested in, and I found it easy! About to check it out now, I'll let you know how it goes later! 👍

Anaguma

Social Justice Fishwife
Validated User
The Burrowers
Dead Birds
Grim Prairie Tales
High Plains Drifter
Ravenous
Westworld
The White Buffalo
Bone Tomahawk needs to be added to this list. And that one is really, really unnerving. I watched The Burrowers a few weeks ago, and it was pretty darn good. Definitely had a Lovecraftian vibe going on at times, and....man, talk about a grim ending.

bhu

Professional Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I omitted BT cause he's already seen it. Damn it was a hard watch tho.

Top Bottom