• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Horror Movie Recommendations

The Discerning Gentleman

Has Transcended
Validated User
Just realized that I didn't post after I watched Dead Birds! I liked the concept, but what was with...

Spoiler: Show
the end, when the other soldiers shot them, and they all looked like those demonic dog things?

bhu

Professional Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Spoiler: Show
William had become possessed without his knowledge and was turning into one of the demons, he just hadn't realized it yet. The demon used illusions to make him believe he was normal.

He also did another film you might like called Red Sands set in the Iraq war.

Godfather Punk

Oh dear, how sad, nevermind
Validated User
Did anyone watch the tv series Blood Drive?
I caught the tail end of the pilot yesterday. Is it worth following for 13 episodes?

Balac

Validated User
One of my favorite 80's horror films Hell Night is finally on streaming, more specifically Shudder. A slasher by way of old dark house film with tons of atmosphere and surprisingly good cinematography. Simple set up, some Frat / Sorority pledges have to spend the night in an isolated old mansion where something horrible happened years ago. Obviously some of the frat guys sneak in to scare the pledges but *shock* there is something lurking in the house. So not exactly original but well made and with characters you actually want to see survive. More creepy than gory but it's managed to stick with me since I first watched it on TV around '84. Worth a look.

The Discerning Gentleman

Has Transcended
Validated User
One of my favorite 80's horror films Hell Night is finally on streaming, more specifically Shudder. A slasher by way of old dark house film with tons of atmosphere and surprisingly good cinematography. Simple set up, some Frat / Sorority pledges have to spend the night in an isolated old mansion where something horrible happened years ago. Obviously some of the frat guys sneak in to scare the pledges but *shock* there is something lurking in the house. So not exactly original but well made and with characters you actually want to see survive. More creepy than gory but it's managed to stick with me since I first watched it on TV around '84. Worth a look.
Why does this sound familiar? I think I've seen it, but it's been a while. May have to do a flashback run! Just finished the first season of Ash vs. Evil Dead, and I'm loving it! 👍👍😁

Balac

Validated User
Why does this sound familiar? I think I've seen it, but it's been a while. May have to do a flashback run! Just finished the first season of Ash vs. Evil Dead, and I'm loving it! 👍👍😁
Well it was on cable a lot (like, really a lot) in the mid-80's so most horror fans of a certain age have at least seen clips. It also didn't have much explicit gore so it was easily edited for TV and thus showed up late night many a UHF channel.

The Discerning Gentleman

Has Transcended
Validated User
I watched The Prodigy last night. Pretty good, and had some nice twists.

In her much-anticipated foray into the horror-thriller genre, Golden Globe and Emmy nominee Taylor Schilling stars in THE PRODIGY as Sarah, a mother whose young son Miles' disturbing behavior signals that an evil, possibly supernatural force has overtaken him.
Trailer Here.

Then I watched A Cure For Wellness this afternoon. Good mysterious intrigue with some very unsettling scenes. If you have a fear of the dentist, I wouldn't recommend it! 😉

A Cure for Wellness is a 2016 psychological horror film directed by Gore Verbinski, written by Justin Haythe, and starring Dane DeHaan, Jason Isaacs, and Mia Goth. Its plot follows a young executive who is sent to retrieve a colleague from a mysterious rehabilitation center in the Swiss Alps.Trailer Here.

Last edited:

The Discerning Gentleman

Has Transcended
Validated User
Just finished the old 1987 Creepshow 2. I can see why I liked it so much when I was younger, cartoon breaks in between each show, and boobs. Not all that great now, except for nostalgic value. I give it an overall, meh.

Top Bottom