[Horrorpack] Horror Recommendations Thread III: Bride of the Son of the Good Stuff

bhu

Professional Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Almost at the end of You Might Be the Killer. Alyson Hannigan is adorable in this. Rare is the friend you can tell 'I might be a serial killer' and they offer helpful advice. It's a decent lil horror comedy.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
The other day I watched the Autopsy of Jane Doe.

Its a pretty neat movie, Also gave me an idea for a type of Lich.

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The other day I watched the Autopsy of Jane Doe.

Its a pretty neat movie, Also gave me an idea for a type of Lich.
So, is she better off after the end of the movie, or the same?
Spoiler: Show

(IIRC, her wrists and ankles are fixed towards the end.)

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
So, is she better off after the end of the movie, or the same?

(IIRC, her wrists and ankles are fixed towards the end.)
Over the course of the movie, she gets dissected by the coroner and her son, and at the end of the film, her body gets restored to its original state its found in when she transfers all her injuries to the coroner (who sacrifices himself to try and save his son. Spoiler: it doesn't work). At the very end of the film, the last shot is of her wiggling her toe, which implies that she is slowly regaining her ability to move.

Basically she's like Samara, except instead of being a ghost in a well with a cursed video, she's an immobile corpse who can kill people around her with illusions and animating dead. And someone mistakes her for being a misunderstood victim when in reality she just likes killing.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I started watching the Haunting of Hill House, and despite being a little annoyed at the constant time jumps I'm finding it at least moderately charming. I'd have continued watching it but then a new season of iZombie came up, and "fun, quirky zombie police procedural/conspiracy mystery" defeats "haunted house story with mostly non-sympathetic main characters".

Top Bottom