• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Horrorpack] Horror Recommendations Thread III: Bride of the Son of the Good Stuff

Kushiel

Immanent
Validated User
Yeah, I mean, I *remember* loving the first one? I wonder if I need to double-feature them. Or just rewatch the original before the new one comes out.
I say that it's always worth rewatching the Adrian Lyne one, but like I said, slightly biased. :D

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Here's a short film, so long as I'm hanging out in the horror thread.

It's not billed as horror, and I'm not sure if the creators would describe it that way, but I suggest watching it without reading the article first and deciding what you think.

redwulf25_ci

Clown Pope of Wushu
Validated User

Here's a short film, so long as I'm hanging out in the horror thread.

It's not billed as horror, and I'm not sure if the creators would describe it that way, but I suggest watching it without reading the article first and deciding what you think.
I'm not seeing an article anywhere. But both the cinematography and musical cues said horror to me as well as the events. Unsatisfying conclusion but if it really was based on a true event I assume they didn't want to punch it up with a fictional ending.

Owesome

Social Justice Warmonger
Validated User
That Jacob's Ladder trailer...

I dunno, it's been a *long* time since I saw the first one but I remember it being more... cerebral than what that trailer comes across as. I'm left thinking that that seems like a perfectly fine horror movie, but not a very good Jacob's Ladder movie.

(Or at least a perfectly fine horror movie saddled with the same marketing department that makes overly spoiler filled trailers for every fucking movie, Terminator Genisys looking at you).

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Rabid wasn't a movie I expected to get a remake, but this doesn't look terrible... though the lines "It spreads like an STD" and "If we don't stop it it could affect all of mankind" probably shouldn't be put right after each other.

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It looks like more of a zombie movie than I remember the original being.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
It looks like more of a zombie movie than I remember the original being.
It's been something like 25 years since I saw the original, but at least the ending is very much zombie movie-like.

One of the reasons it is less zombie movie than it might otherwise be could be that your viewpoint character is patient zero.

Strange Visitor

Grumpy Grognard
Validated User
One of the reasons it is less zombie movie than it might otherwise be could be that your viewpoint character is patient zero.
And as I recall, we only see a limited amount of the effect of her condition on survivors of her attacks--because there's a pretty limited number of the latter.

Top Bottom