• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

How much do RPG.net columns pay?

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Lloyd Brown at 2005-07-10 08:42:17
Converted from Phorums BB System

My point was that my first sold work went for .05/word, which is what he said. It's not the freakish anomaly some people paint it as.

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Jim Bob at 2005-07-12 22:08:10

And still, the leading question of this thread has not been answered... how much does the rpg.net column pay?

I love irony, it's my favourite kind of humour.

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Lloyd Brown at 2005-07-13 07:51:37

The first reply covered it.

R

RPGnet Columns

they don't pay

Post originally by Charlie Dunwoody at 2005-07-13 08:13:26

We don't get paid (at least I don't). However, despite what this column says about not writing for free, having a column here month after month allows companies that sell PDFs to read your work, see if they like the way you write, and see that you can make deadlines.

I'm working on a supplement for the sci-fi game Bulldogs! right now. My column, in addition to getting published twice in Dragon Magazine, helped me get that assignment.

Also, you get immediate feedback from your reader, as this column demonstrates.

Charlie

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Lloyd Brown at 2005-07-14 19:07:15

Huh. I guess my response got eaten.

The very first response to your question pegged it.

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Jim Bob at 2005-07-19 23:53:33

Charlie wrote, "We don't get paid (at least I don't). However, despite what this column says about not writing for free, having a column here month after month allows companies that sell PDFs to read your work, see if they like the way you write, and see that you can make deadlines. "

Ah, I see. Wasn't that covered in the article? "Excuses, excuses: "It'll get me exposure.""

:D

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Ash at 2005-08-10 08:57:57

Perspective please: what year was that in?

Ash

Top Bottom