How should I store my minis?

Terry Herc

RPGnet Member
Validated User
My minis are almost all plastic, so I use two generic storage bins I got from Home Depot. They lock together and have adjustable section starting at 2 inch by 2 inch and going up. I travel a lot with them, so they get a bit beat up, but they work for my group.

If you have metal minis, I would recommend a more professional option. The metal minis I have were gifted from a friend, and they are old Warhammer Fantasy minis. They are individually compartmentalized in foam. They still get beat up though, so how you handle the boxes in transport will be key to longevity.

baakyocalder

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I mostly use a tackle box. Great for plastic minis with a little care and the metal minis work fine if you wrap them in a little paper or foam to protect the extending bits and paint finish.

When I had more metal miniatures and needed easy travel, I found the Battlehive by Crystal Caste to be useful. It's a hardshell case with multiple layers and sizes of foam and you can cut the foam as needed. It holds a lot of minis--there are six foam trays and you can easily remove them.

Top Bottom