• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

How to listen to this Album?

Moritz

user, registered
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So there's a noise artist from Northern Iraq/Kurdistan I'm following. The music is unbearable, but because it doesn't have any lyrics I understand, it actually works as background sound while working from home. Then he published this:

https://wirephobia.bandcamp.com/album/sixty-five-hours-of-nihilism

Yes, that's 65 one hour tracks at a price you can decide. Sigh. Not sure how to cope with that album. Usually, I don't buy noise albums because I will only liste once, but this one is impossible to listen to on band camp because it never ends! Maybe I should buy it and but all 65 hours on my MP3 player and then just let it run. I will need to put one more track (e.g. some nice, appealing music) at the end so that I know when I listened to all of it survived the ordeal. I think I should pay him 6.66$. 65$ also sounds fitting, but that's just too much money for letting my ears bleed.

:confused:

Elph

Validated User
Okay, although I listen to noise music only once in a blue moon, the sheer audacity here is enough to give me pause. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. :D

Daigoro

拝大五郎
Validated User
So there's a noise artist from Northern Iraq/Kurdistan I'm following. The music is unbearable, but because it doesn't have any lyrics I understand, it actually works as background sound while working from home.
You're going to have to explain the appeal a bit more. This stuff just made by jaw clench spasmodically. You know there are other types of music without lyrics, don't you? :eek:

You could try some space rock, for example.

Last edited:

Moritz

user, registered
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You're going to have to explain the appeal a bit more.
That's what I am telling people who listen to house music, rock, pop, and metal every day, but they haven't given me any good arguments either :D

Moritz

user, registered
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Necro:
I rose to the challenge and bought the album for 8 Dollars yesterday. I've listened to the first three hours now and it's all the same sound - for 65 hours. Just one constant drone. Sigh. he sure got me there. Well, given that I listened to all his other work on band camp without paying, I'm OK with having given him 8 bucks just for the effort.

Moritz

user, registered
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Necro:
I have now listened to all 65 tracks in the correct order. They are all identical - there isn't even a "what the fuck did you just do you sick fuck?!" in the last minute of the last track.

Qooroo

Social Justice Spellthief
Validated User
That's what I am telling people who listen to house music, rock, pop, and metal every day, but they haven't given me any good arguments either :D
I am morbidly curious: you don't like any of the genres you listed, you listen to this noise stuff despite finding it unbearable...what do you like?

Moritz

user, registered
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I am morbidly curious: you don't like any of the genres you listed, you listen to this noise stuff despite finding it unbearable...what do you like?
Ambient Electronics (e.g. Future Sound of London, Boards of Canada, Arms & Sleepers) and music that mixes electronica or psychedelics with Eastern European and/or Middle Eastern folk (e.g. Mercan Dede, Altin Gün, Baba Zula, Balkan Beat Box, Shantel). If I'm feeling adventurous or nostalgic, 1990s industrial (e.g. Front 242, Frontline Assembly) or the Warp records backcatalogue (e.g. Aphex Twin, Autechre, Plaid, Squarepusher)

So basically music that is centered on "sounds" and complex rhythms over song structure/ lyrics/ specific instruments.

Top Bottom