• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Hut 1, Hut 2, HIKE!! 2018 NFL Season

Crothian

Validated User
Gronk retires. That will be a piece of their offense they cannot replace with just one players. There were games he won by being unstoppable and having no one that could cover him.

Afterburner

Remarkably expressive bandages
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Rumor was that Bellichick was going to get rid of Gronk even if he had to strap him to a dolly and wheel him out of the team facilities. They were gonna do it last year but Gronk talked 'em out of it. Said he'd retire before he let himself get traded.

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
*Steelers fan*

*Drinks heavily*
Yeah, this is where we split the fans from the win-cheer gang.

We're looking at the tail end of Ben's career without any more Super Bowl runs. Time to start planning for the future and know that the next two years will be 1) failing at expectations (probably an 8-8 or 7-9 season) followed by a crash (5-11) and another year or two of middlin' after that.

I'll still be doin' the Terrible Twirl regardless, but, managed expectations, yo.

Gwydion

I am #426
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Rumor was that Bellichick was going to get rid of Gronk even if he had to strap him to a dolly and wheel him out of the team facilities. They were gonna do it last year but Gronk talked 'em out of it. Said he'd retire before he let himself get traded.
That seems weird to me. I mean I can see Belichick deciding that Gronk was too expensive or that he could get enough in trade to be willing to pull the trigger. But Gronk is going to be tough to replace and I can't image that Belichick wouldn't want him back all things being equal.
Kevin

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
That seems weird to me. I mean I can see Belichick deciding that Gronk was too expensive or that he could get enough in trade to be willing to pull the trigger. But Gronk is going to be tough to replace and I can't image that Belichick wouldn't want him back all things being equal.
Kevin
He's excellent when he's healthy and contributing, but he'd been kind of hit or miss, and spent a lot of time while unhealthy. Also, when he's not playing, he constantly talks about how much he wants to retire, which is bad on team morale. He's like a d20 with five 20s, five 1s and ten 8s.

Gwydion

I am #426
RPGnet Member
Validated User
He's excellent when he's healthy and contributing, but he'd been kind of hit or miss, and spent a lot of time while unhealthy. Also, when he's not playing, he constantly talks about how much he wants to retire, which is bad on team morale. He's like a d20 with five 20s, five 1s and ten 8s.
Yeah but he can do anything you'd ask a tight end to do at a least an average level. I can probably count the others in the league that can do that on one hand. And that screws up defenses on plays in which Gronk is barely on camera. At this point in his career it's not worth writing the check necessary to make him change his mind, but that's not the same thing as pushing him out the door.
Kevin

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
Yeah but he can do anything you'd ask a tight end to do at a least an average level. I can probably count the others in the league that can do that on one hand. And that screws up defenses on plays in which Gronk is barely on camera. At this point in his career it's not worth writing the check necessary to make him change his mind, but that's not the same thing as pushing him out the door.
Kevin
It wouldn't be the first time Belichik turns against an apparently productive play due to personality issues. If you aren't willing to "do your job," as the cult motto goes, he doesn't have much use for you.

Crothian

Validated User
It looks like for one year the NFL will make PI calls and non calls reviewable because the game wasn't long enough before.

Blizzardborn

Hiding in a snowdrift
Validated User
Given the fucking mess that was that hit in the NFC Championship game, something needed to be done. Personally, I think adding another ref to help keep an eye on everything would be better.

Top Bottom